+ Reply to Thread

Any way to disable the silkscreen brightness button?

Hiyas,

Somehow when entering graffiti, I sometimes end a stroke near the brightness silkscreen button in the upper-left of the alphabetical graffiti entry area. It brings up the brightness adjustment slider. Annoying.

Anyone know how to disable the button? I've looked for hacks that can remap the silkscreen buttons (TealLaunch, etc.) but haven't found anything that can handle that little brightness button.

Any ideas? (Besides fixing my messed-up graffiti skills?)

Thanks!
    Fred<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I know what you mean, especially since the graffiti backlight doesn't stay on when you're in the dark. I try to scribble anyway and end up getting the brightness control. Hopefully someone will find something.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Yep! That's a pain. Good observation.

LOL -- Ok - I have an answer for you, Markito and I were/are trying to do the opposite!

He had installed Recoecho, which displays the graffiti on the screen and allows you to write on the screen as well. Works great except when its enabled, BOTH the contrast and brightness buttons on the graffiti area are disabled. We want them back! But if you want them gone.... install Recoecho. You can always get them back by disabling Recoecho or using the buttons in the PDA Prefs app.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Steve, I was just about to point out our recoEcho as a solution too!!! RecoEcho is great for making your graffiti writing more effective, because it shows on the screen what you are scribbling, while you scribble it. So you can tell if your letters are being drawn correctly. I love RecoEcho, but have it currently disabled because I actually like having the Brightness and Contrast shortcuts operable. Especially nowdays since my 7135's contast goes superlight all by itself MANY times each day. If I close and open the flip, it doesn't correct it, so I have to use the Contrst shortcut to correct it.

But yes, in your situation, I would highly suggest that you get RecoEcho to inadvertantly disable those shortcuts.

LOL Steve!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Works like a charm! You guys are awesome!

Fred

Good tip guys... I keep having that same issue with the brightness/contrast popping up. I used to use RecoEcho... and it does help with improving graffiti skills. I'll have to give it another try with my 7135
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I'll give RecoEcho a go. (Aren't we all glad that we can still use those hacks we knew and loved?)

I also found a workaround. I redigitized. At the point where you press the brightness point, move slightly up and to the left. Changing it this way really doesn't interfere with launching the default or add-on launcher. It does make it a little less likely that you'll hit that annoying spot.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    I'll give RecoEcho a go. (Aren't we all glad that we can still use those hacks we knew and loved?)

I also found a workaround. I redigitized. At the point where you press the brightness point, move slightly up and to the left. Changing it this way really doesn't interfere with launching the default or add-on launcher. It does make it a little less likely that you'll hit that annoying spot.
    I'll have to give that a try But I think I also need RecoEcho back, because there are a few letters that I'm still messing up too much... and I hate the number 2! :p
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

lou
    OCpDa
    I've been having the same annoying problem. Before I went and searched for RechoEcho I decided to redigitize the Brightness control farther up and it works like a charm. Thanks!

Jot has recho echo as part of its application. I lost my controls after I installed Jot. (which btw, I love, I went through a bunch of text input apps, this one is the keeper).

I have Jot 2.03 installed and both the brightness and contrast buttons on the graffiti pad still work.

Originally posted by whodges
    I have Jot 2.03 installed and both the brightness and contrast buttons on the graffiti pad still work.
    Oh well.