+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Downloaded photos wishy washy so far!

I've downloaded about 10 photos at diff sizes and 256colors to 65,000 colors all from a 4 MP camera off a CD.
    What's your experience with the quailty when viewed on the 7135?
    Mine all came out rather grainy and light. What might I be doing wrong? I expected a lot more clarity and brighter colors. Used the photo program that came on the CD from the 7135.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Still no responses on this issue ??? This quote is from the Kyocera website: "The large, bright screen of the Kyocera 7135 smartphone displays over 65,000 different colors. Download and view pictures and videos, play games, color code all those spreadsheets - things are just more exciting in color".

Yet all the jpg pics I downloaded in diff sizes and color attributes all look like I'm viewing them through a window screen resolution and color wise. What am I doing wrong? Hasn't anybody downloaded jpg's yet.
    It's really a great feature to pull out your phone and show friends pictures of your family or recent vacation (even has a timed slide show feature) but I don't want to show my family looking like AMEMICS!
    I guess I'll call Kyocera support and ask them . . . just thought someone here experienced the same problem already.
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,

Have you tried AcidImage?

Whoops, that should have been "ANEMICS!

Thx Lars1 for the reply. 7135 user guide says photosuite works with jpg files (not with JPEG files) but thread doesn't say anything about the image quality:
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...ght=acid+image

By the way . . . my questions might seem petty to those of you that don't have the 7135 in your hot little hands yet, but look at it this way . . . many of the problems with the 7135 are being ironed out on this site, even before you get yours. look at all the aggravation you'll be savings while you are waiting.
    As an aside . . . I needed to exchange my 7135 last week due to a large chip on the cover's face (just above the really GODAWFUL Verizon logo that they SCRAWLED across the face of this beautiful piece of technology) Last week when my salesman called to say the warehouse just got 15 in and the phones won't be going out to the stores until April 28th . . when I called the next day to let him know that mine had a chip on it and if they want to take 10% off I'll keep it otherwise please ship another from the warehouse to the store and I'll come down an swap mine out but be sure to hold another one of the 15 that they just received out for me . . . he said it's no problem as they just received a LOT MORE 7135's into the warehouse for the April 28th rollout. My guess is they need to train the staff on workings of this phone and probably align it at the same time with a national Verizon ad campaign
    P.S. I don't know why the salesman called me when they got the first 15 phones in that were not for the public, I did ask him to call me when the phone comes in. He did just that . . . I was just lucky I guess.
    Anyway, only one week left now for the rollout . . . I assure you this phone was worth our wait over the past year.

Red
    I'm downloading jpg files from diferrent sources including my own Olympus camera, a friend's Sony camera, and some file I have altered in Photoshop and saved at screen res. I am using the PhotoSuite software to convert them instead of drag-and-drop to the SD card directly. They look very good compared to the quality of my previous smartphone, the '35.

Granted I do not expect to see the quality on a Palm screen that I view on my flat panel monitor.
    Finally a new owner! And loving it!!!

Colors are very bright and sharp on all my photos from a SD card. The only difference in picture quality I've noticed is in how various browsers handle jpg images.

Thx Red and Ogakar . . . This could be my problem as I'm saving to internal memory as My card won't be in until a week. Please try and save a couple to your internal memory and see if your results are the same. It just may be how the internal memory handles JPG's . . . I hope! With the specs on this unit, it should have better resolution than what mine is showing downloaded pics at, especially at 65,000 colors. Does any one know of a demo picture that may be in the 7135 like the demo MP3 that it comes with????

Red
    Ex-

I downloaded a file to the internal memory and compared it to the same file dl'd to the SD card. They look the same...and I am a picky graphics person. If I were you, I'd try a reinstall of the PhotoSuite software. What OS are you operating on? I am on XP Pro...shouldn't make a difference...but...we all know M$. Also, do you have any 3rd party software on the device that could possibly be causing problems? When I originally synced to my old 6035 I had a few issues that old software was causing. Just a thought.

~J

Win98, but XP upgrade coming next week, No 3rd party software to speak of. I'll have to wait until I see someone using the 7135 and if they have a pic on it I'll know whether it's just me expecting better or there is something wrong. Verizon is replacing this 7135 next week becuase of a blemish on the cover so I'll know better when I see the results on the new unit after I install Photosuite again.. Thx for downloading a pic to your internal memory for comparison for me.

Red
    Ex-
    If you want you can email a pic you are having trouble with and I will test it...the pics on the phone aren't perfect but they are darn good considering it's a PDA. PM me and I will send you my email addy.

Red
    The original pics I downloaded from my computer are great. I don't have email working off the 7135 phone yet as I'm on a computer all day long for my job and don't have an immediate need for it yet. I also don't have the need to pay $7-10 a month for web access. Though I did hook up the phone as a modem so I could access the net and my office computer from a hotel room. So I don't know how I would send you one of the jpg files that I'm viewing on the 7135 and email you that file directly off the 7135 without email ability?

Where do I get Acid Image?

Since I'm swapping this phone out next week for another 7135 I might as well try Acid Image as suggested above to see if this improves my pic downloads over using Photo Suite. Where do I get it and is it free or is there a trial version. I don't find reference to it in the forum search on where to get it.
    Thx

Red
    not off the 7135...I want the original file to load to my 7135 and see the results. Any email would do.

You can download the Acid Image trial here

Downloaded Acid Image

Actually, the Acid image pictures of the same internal pics that are on the 7135 are not as clear as the Photo Suite shots! Might be a problem of to many pixels from the 4 mp camera.

Red
    Ex-

Try converting your files to 72 dpi (standard screen res) before sending to the 7135. Let me know.

Red
    I am tending to agree about 4 Mpx. When I loaded that file onto my 7135, previously working just fine with all my own pics, the 7135 locked up and continual 'beeping' a system error sound. It cleared with a soft reset to normal operation. For good measure I did a hard reset and restored from a 'known'good backup.

Has anyone here had issues with pics of larger res than standard 72 or 150 dpi res?

So am I wrong or does PhotoSuite not read off the SD card? Kind of annoying. Do I need a new photo viewer app to read from the card?

Photo suite can save to SD card. . .

So I'm sure you can view pics on the phone on your photo suite viewer.